Help needed with Travel Guide to the DR

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You know how many times you read a guide book and think that the information is wrong, or not up to date, or they feature restaurants or hotels you wouldn't touch with a barge pole? Well now is your chance to make a difference!

I have been asked by Dorling Kindersey to update their Top 10 guide to the DR and I desperately need help! The book contains the top 10 of all sorts of things from hotels, restaurants and excursions by area, to the top 10 across the country of beaches, views, kids activities, places to meet locals, food, museums, indian sites, shopping etc. They suggest that their fact checkers just contact the Tourism Information Office to obtain all of the information necessary, but unfortunately it doesn't quite work so easily here. Whilst I can do a lot of it, and I could call the hotels and restaurants in the different parts of the DR, I think it would be much more useful to get input from those of you who are actually on the ground in those areas. What I am looking for is a person in each of the following areas who could just check a list of the 10 best things to do, ten best restaurants and bars, and ten best hotels. You would just need to let me know if they were still there or should they be replaced by another one, and if possible check the phone number is up to date, although I could do that last bit. Also to be on hand to answer queries as I go through the rest of the guide in case I get stuck on something in your area.

If you are prepared to help could you pm me with your email and I will send you the existing copy and a little more information. The areas I need help with are:

Santo Domingo - Colonial Zone
Santo Domingo - the modern city
Constanza/Jarabacoa
Santiago
Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete
La Isabela/Punta Rucia
Las Terrenas/Samana
Punta Cana/Bavaro
La Romana
Barahona/Pedernales

Thanks very much in advance

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
A million thanks to those who are helping me. Am still looking for help in some areas though. Please pm if you can help in:

Santo Domingo - Colonial Zone
Santo Domingo - the modern city
Constanza/Jarabacoa
Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete
Las Terrenas/Samana
Barahona and the south west

Thanks

Matilda

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I would be happy to help you but as I live in LT don?t know if my input would be worth much. We only eat out about twice a year, never stay in an hotel (not for 8 years) and don?t go out much. Our 6 year old daughter goes to school here including summer campamentos so that wouldn?t be much interest to visitors. The only thing I do have quite a lot of knowledge about is shopping and where the least expensive bargains are. Nevertheless suerte.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Granca that would be great - I am sure your input would be v useful. Could you pm me your email address?

Thanks

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Have a great team of helpers but still need someone to help with:

Jarabacoa
Las Terrenas
The south west

Also anyone know of any good restaurants in Bani?

Please pm me if you can help.

Matilda