Aaaaaaaaaaaay mama

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Aaaaaaaaaay mama, se jodieron los corruptos!!! here comes Vincho Castillo!!!

Vincho has been given all the power and authority by DM to persecute and try all corrupted
officials within his government.

For the first time in our history we finally have a president that will not let others and their
corruptions get in the way of doing a successful job as our leader.

Hopefully DM will set a new standard for honesty and anti-corruption in DR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please do not bet your house on this. Wait a few months. I would hope this happens, but experience tells me that it might not, at least not now.

HB

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I hope DM will succeed, I really do.

The next 4 years will be crucial for me and my family's future. If they don't get it to realize the "change" (anti-corruption, education!) now, they never will get it. If they get it (say I see progress in the right direction) we will stay in the DR (PC or maybe relocating to Santiago b/c of education for my son).

If there is no change I think it will be out of here to CR, Panama or somewhere else. Despite being somewhat reluctant to change country b/c of learning a new culture, adapt to new habits etc.

Don't want my son go to university and at its best catch a job in a shop in a mall ;)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This is a step in the right direction even if they don't follow through with it as completely as is possible (corruption can't be eliminated 100% anywhere). This is no doubt in response to increasing pressure and expectations from the electorate and press. This is actually how democracy is supposed to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Lets hope so. Hopefully this is not one those gestures that a new President will sometimes do when they enter office and then within months it is forgotten. This is a step in the right direction but actions do speak louder then words. But lets see, even 50% less corruption would be a start.