jewelry

B

Bob Saunders

Can anyone give me an approximate price for an original medallion from the Concepcion, a spanish treasure ship,These can be purchased at Joyeria Michelle in Santo Domingo. Thanks.

C

Charlie W.

I some priced in Santo Domingo last trip. I was shocked that the asking price was $1100-1200. for a coin.

H

Henry

It depends -

of the kind of coin you want! There are different coins around in sizes, material (gold or silver) and their occurance! These factors all make the price!

Sometimes smaller silver coins cost more than the big ones because they are harder to find especially in good condition!

You may can visit me in the Amber Art Gallery in front of the Parque Colon and I can show you some samples!

Henry

B

Bob Saunders

Gold reales

I was interested in Gold reales( spanish coins from Mexico). If the price is reasonable I'll get my wife to pick one before she returns to Canada. She's Dominican and knows a good price when she see's one, especially gold. Thanks Henry.

H

Henry

Re: Gold reales

Here are some prices:

8 reales Lima aprox. USD 11500.- to USD 7500.-
2 reales Mex aprox. USD 4500.- to USD 6500.-
1 real Mex aprox. USD 2000.-

These are very rough prices, because it depends on the individual coin and there are may variations avaiable! As everywhere some are rare, others are rather common!

Remeber, these coins should always come with a certificate by a named numismatic like D.F.Sedwick, as you may land a lot of money in the sand!

Replicas are just as nice and a lot cheaper!

This for your information only, I have no original gold coins on sale - sorry!

Henry