Looking Forward to Being in Sosua Tomorrow

travelbear

May 8, 2012
After flight delays looking forward to being in the area around Sosua Tuesday afternoon. Always look forward to vacation in the Dominican Republic.

Can anyone tell me any special events in and Sosua the next 10 days.

Also hoping to take my wife out somewhere special for her birthday Wednesday night. Any helpful suggestions.

We plan to be frequent visitors in the Sosua area over the next few years until its time to retire.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Going to Sosua tomorrow on the Metro 9:15...........
Spending the night and going to gorge myself on Rockys Bar-b-Que ribs.......yummy...
And see if Marco can fix my computer...........

B in Santiago

juant

May 9, 2012
Going to Sosua tomorrow on the Metro 9:15...........
Spending the night and going to gorge myself on Rockys Bar-b-Que ribs.......yummy...
And see if Marco can fix my computer...........

B in Santiago
Check first because I don't think that Marco owns Rocky's anymore.

juant

May 9, 2012
After flight delays looking forward to being in the area around Sosua Tuesday afternoon. Always look forward to vacation in the Dominican Republic.

Also hoping to take my wife out somewhere special for her birthday Wednesday night. Any helpful suggestions.

We plan to be frequent visitors in the Sosua area over the next few years until its time to retire.
Check in Sosua News.com for any special events in Sosua.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Travelbare,

There is this Food feastival starting today : Sos?a-News

Ken seems to have missed it in the North Coast Calender!!! (Sticky on North Coast Topic)

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ooops - Travelbare,
Olly made a mistake about the Gastronomic Event to be held in Sosua - its at the end of September!!! And Ken has just caught up!!!

You might also want to look at Sos?a-News - Restaurant Guide - the good restuarant guide - its a bit out of date now. Casa Ventiuno is definitely the best for romance and it is usually open on a Wednesday.
Rocky's is not really a romantic place and it has been pretty empty every time we have been past it lately.

Olly and the Team

sonrisa

Dec 23, 2008

We plan to be frequent visitors in the Sosua area over the next few years until its time to retire.[/QUOT

If you have wheels, I always enjoy Chez Arsenio at Hideaway Beach about half-way between Sosua and Cabarete. For a romantic dinner, the view of the ocean is beautiful, the breezes refreshing, the service and food good, and oftentimes very good specials. I'd suggesst going early enough, say around 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. to enjoy the view and see the sunset.

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
A group of us ate at Chez Arsenio last November, it was really good ... we got there too late to see the views, but heard it's really nice.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
CA is a nice location and maybe the food is good if you eat meat, but the fish i had there was very average. I wont be going back.

The Beach Club in Sea Horse is a very nice location. I was there with a ladyfriend last year and they put a very romantic table just outside for us, on the rocks by the ocean. Food is very good there

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A very nice spot for a Romantic evening would also be Piergiorgio in Sousa. Just don't eat there, the food leaves a lot to be desired and the prices are a robbery. But it is a very romantic setting.