120 Online College and University courses FREE

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
Wanted share a great opportunity to take college and university level courses for FREE.
Take them with friends, they are just wonderful...enjoy!

https://www.coursera.org

Duke, Univerisity of Toronto, Princeton, etc...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how does it work? anyone can sign in? from any country in the world?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
The lastest one is edX, which is comprised of MIT and Harvard, and they have just added UC-Berkeley. And for folks who want certificates of completion, well, they are free.

Kahn Academy is free and on youtube, too.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I forgot to mention Alison, with over 400 free courses that you can take at your own pace.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Great thread and info. Numerous webplaces have been doing similar things. I love Edx. Also, if you have an ipad/iphone you can download itunes University and download lots of great educational content. There is also University of Reddit or Ureddit, University of Reddit.

Jan 9, 2004
Kudos to the OP for starting this thread, and to those who have added further links.

There are now multiple free resources available to those who wish to pursue further knowledge in a particular discipline. Even more important, these courses come with a certain panache, as they are being offered by some of finest institutions of higher learning in this country.

To add to this list, I will submit MIT. I know that they have already been listed above as entering into a consortium with Harvard et al to offer courses, but MIT has been offering over 2,000 courses on its own for free for over 10 years. The best part is that many of these courses have been translated into multiple languages....including Spanish.

Free Online Course Materials | Courses | MIT OpenCourseWare

This could allow devoted students of limited means to further enhance their knowledge of a particular discipline in courses given/written by some of the finest minds in academia.

I definitely think this thread could/should be made a sticky.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2