vacation rentals in Punta Cana area

Fed

Aug 28, 2012
Hi All,

I am trying to plan a 2 weeks vacation in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area. I am looking for a 2 bedroom condo and I have checked the usual suspects like home away.com and airbnb.com. I have seen some apartments that I like in the Santa Maria del Mar community and the Arenas de Bavaro. Do you guys have any comment on those condos? I have two kids that are 3 years old and I am not planning to rent a car at the moment. I am also looking for a babysitter and for some help with the cleaning the house. Should I wait till I get there to find somebody or should I start looking on line? Any website that I should be checking to find a nanny?
Thank you very much to everybody that spends the time to reply and to share his experience.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Hi All,

I am trying to plan a 2 weeks vacation in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area. I am looking for a 2 bedroom condo and I have checked the usual suspects like home away.com and airbnb.com. I have seen some apartments that I like in the Santa Maria del Mar community and the Arenas de Bavaro. Do you guys have any comment on those condos? I have two kids that are 3 years old and I am not planning to rent a car at the moment. I am also looking for a babysitter and for some help with the cleaning the house. Should I wait till I get there to find somebody or should I start looking on line? Any website that I should be checking to find a nanny?
Thank you very much to everybody that spends the time to reply and to share his experience.

Check your PM's

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I've stayed at both Santa Maria del Mar and Arenas de Bavaro. I now own a condo at Corte Sea, (the newer / sister complex to Arenas), -- not for rent though.

Both complexes are very nice, you can't go wrong with either one. SMdM will have a little more square footage, AdB will be a little newer. They are essentially next door to each other, and both are a short stroll to the beach. The BIGGEST difference will be the individual apartments, i.e. furnishings, how they are appointed, comfort of the furniture, the location within each complex, (esp. in SMdM, some of the units kinda face a wall instead of the center of the complex), private rooftop terraces, etc. etc.) I highly recommend a top floor with the rooftop.

As for help while you're there, your property manager should be able to recommend someone, or have contacts for you. If you want a recommendation for a reliable rental agent / manager, P.M. me.