Shipping appliances from nyc to sti, cost, sales tax

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Morning, Looking to ship washer and dryer nyc to sti, our usual company (Monumental Shipping & Moving Corp
3101 102nd St, East Elmhurst, NY 11369) now known as "la Hispaniola" quoted us $200 per appliance new, or $150 used door to door. They also said if send the new appliances to them directly from Sears, that there is a form they will give me to get back any sales tax I paid.

Are these good prices? Has anyone had their sales tax reimbursed? or any other advice

Thank you

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hi Luperon. I shipped a brand new GE stainless steel french door refrigerator and a brand new stainless steel gas range. If you ship from Sears to the shipping company Sears removes sales tax on the spot so you do not pay for it. If you already bought them you do get a form and you can claim it in your taxes and get it when you file next year.

Shipping costs: Fridge - $300, Gas Range $225 (both were MASSIVE) maybe why I paid more. I also sent down 5 tanks full of stuff. Each tank was $75. I used La Union shipping in the Bronx. They delivered to my place in Santiago in TWO WEEKS. Yes...TWO WEEKS...I could not believe it!!!

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Forgot to mention...from what I hear by others that have used La Union this is typical of them...2 week delivery.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yup, fair pricing.
My fridge was $300 , if I remember - used (well, new but sears Scratch/Dent.)

Use the free shipping.

Check out the scratch/Dent
My fridge was $2700 down to $750 . We bought a lot and never paid more than 1/2 price.
Full warranty

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Nice, is 75$ per tank the usual price or was it a special since you had a big shipment? thanks!

Hi Luperon. I shipped a brand new GE stainless steel french door refrigerator and a brand new stainless steel gas range. If you ship from Sears to the shipping company Sears removes sales tax on the spot so you do not pay for it. If you already bought them you do get a form and you can claim it in your taxes and get it when you file next year.

Shipping costs: Fridge - $300, Gas Range $225 (both were MASSIVE) maybe why I paid more. I also sent down 5 tanks full of stuff. Each tank was $75. I used La Union shipping in the Bronx. They delivered to my place in Santiago in TWO WEEKS. Yes...TWO WEEKS...I could not believe it!!!

El Tigre

Jan 23, 2003
Nice, is 75$ per tank the usual price or was it a special since you had a big shipment? thanks!

It was a special because of the big shipment. Crap I forgot to mention that I also sent down 5 ceiling fans, and 5 ceiling lamps. Yeah it was "big" if you will. That's why they gave me a deal on the tanks full of stuff.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
It was a special because of the big shipment. Crap I forgot to mention that I also sent down 5 ceiling fans, and 5 ceiling lamps. Yeah it was "big" if you will. That's why they gave me a deal on the tanks full of stuff.

Thats a really great deal. I have some chandeliers I need to ship, did you put those fans in the tanks or in a regular box?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
~What is the capacity of the Tanks?

If you're familiar with the boxes, I'd say it holds about 1.5X as much as a box. Plus you have to pay for the tank - about $40. We like them because we use them to store extra water around the finca, and one will hold at least three 40-pound bags of dog food.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
If you're familiar with the boxes, I'd say it holds about 1.5X as much as a box. Plus you have to pay for the tank - about $40. We like them because we use them to store extra water around the finca, and one will hold at least three 40-pound bags of dog food.

~Thanks AE...do you purchase the tanks first, then load them with your items, then arrange for shipment? I am tired of trying to stuff items in suitcases and hope I get through customs with all that I bring in for household items....have a suitcase currently stuffed to the brink....need a second one for this trip....Mr. JR not happy with Mrs. JR....but he'll get over it....hehehe...we need all the comforts of home while we are in the RD!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
~Thanks AE...do you purchase the tanks first, then load them with your items, then arrange for shipment? I am tired of trying to stuff items in suitcases and hope I get through customs with all that I bring in for household items....have a suitcase currently stuffed to the brink....need a second one for this trip....Mr. JR not happy with Mrs. JR....but he'll get over it....hehehe...we need all the comforts of home while we are in the RD!!!

Yes, we purchase the tanks right in Atlantic City. Have you ever used a shipper in NJ? We use Embarque Bella Vista out of the Bronx, but they come all over NJ to drop off empty tanks and boxes and pick up the filled ones. If you're closer to Perth Amboy I'll bet there's a place there. If you call them in the Bronx, they can tell you what location is closest to you.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Yes, we purchase the tanks right in Atlantic City. Have you ever used a shipper in NJ? We use Embarque Bella Vista out of the Bronx, but they come all over NJ to drop off empty tanks and boxes and pick up the filled ones. If you're closer to Perth Amboy I'll bet there's a place there. If you call them in the Bronx, they can tell you what location is closest to you.

AE, are they the ones located in Hunts point?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tanks are about the size of a 45 gal drum.

I think I pay ~$75 for the tanque and the $35 to ship it.

Awilda, Queens NY

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011

~Thanks again AE, we have not used a shipper in NJ, however Perth Amboy is only about 40 minutes from me, I will look into this for our next trip down....for now we huff the 50 pounders via JetBlue, and hope the next tropical wave approaching the isle next week vears away to the North Atlantic...lol:)

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
~Thanks again AE, we have not used a shipper in NJ, however Perth Amboy is only about 40 minutes from me, I will look into this for our next trip down....for now we huff the 50 pounders via JetBlue, and hope the next tropical wave approaching the isle next week vears away to the North Atlantic...lol:)

If you live close to Plainfield, NJ or Newark, there are plenty of places to purchase barrels. They start around $27. I have also used Embarque Bella Vista. They seem to deliver in about 21 days. Montero shipping takes about 30 days or more. If you need more info, you can PM me.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think you may have that backwards.... we pay $40 for the tanque, and $115 to ship [from Atlantic City - cheaper from NYC]

Oh Grace, I have my $CAD vs $US post backwards.... so, I have another backwards.

I have one request.... Please, don't put me in my coffin backwards............ or upside down.

Sorry to confuse.................