License Plate Renewal

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
I read today that we have until Nov 30th to renew.Id like to do this as soon as possible to avoid madness Nov 29th!Anyway,is this renewal a plate to replace the existing plate or the usual tax and a windshield sticker.Also what is the process.I cant remember how it was done years ago.

Thank you everyone

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is for the windshield sticker, same as usual. Don't expect them to be there now just because they say they are starting. Wait a week or two and then get yours.

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
They have them in Sosua. Didn't realize today was first day...just thought of it as we were heading out to run errands anyway, so we took a copy (yes, make a copy as they keep it!) of the matricula and the required dinero. It took less than 5 minutes and we have our pretty little sticker for our window. As it said in DR1 today, it IS the fastest, easiest, non-bureaucratic process in the DR.

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
In Sos?a you can purchase your Marbete at the 'La Banco Nacional', just opposite the police station/Playero. Apparently you can also purchase your Marbete online at Direccion General de Impuestos Internos. Not sure I'd be brave enough to try that? I prefer doing business in person here...the process is easy & fast and you walk out with your sticker in hand.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
In Sos?a you can purchase your Marbete at the 'La Banco Nacional', just opposite the police station/Playero. Apparently you can also purchase your Marbete online at Direccion General de Impuestos Internos. Not sure I'd be brave enough to try that? I prefer doing business in person here...the process is easy & fast and you walk out with your sticker in hand.

I've done it online in the past and as long as you have an address to send it to that's in their system (ex. they don't deliver to Punta Cana), you can actually receive it quite fast. I had them deliver it to a friend's business in Santo Domingo twice and never had any problems.

carib

Jul 16, 2002
They do deliver to Punta cana as I had it delivered there twice... before i moved out