Hospital for child birth, suggestions??

Allaffair

Aug 17, 2012
Anyone know of any good hospitals for childbirth, anyone have any mid wife stories?? South or north coast.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Do you have insurance ???? My son was born 3 months ago in Puerto Plata Gregorio hospital but the CMC Hospital in Spsua is good big question does the person have in surance ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i suggest you stay where you are. north or south coast is giving yourself too much choice. it ain't nice to travel across entire country at 9 months of pregnancy.
in POP any clinic will do: brugal, bournigal, hernandez. they all have decent doctors and decent service but forget about all western modern rubbish about water birth, breathing and holding hubby's hand. dominican hospitals are very straightforward. most will simply perform cesarean as it is easier and more expensive. none will allow you to have company, you will be most likely in quirofano anyway.

SD probably offers more but i don't live there so i cannot offer any suggestions.

Allaffair

Aug 17, 2012
We will be located in boca chica/Juan dolio are. No insurance just looking to pay cash. Anybody have any ideas about santo Domingo?

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
We will be located in boca chica/Juan dolio are. No insurance just looking to pay cash. Anybody have any ideas about santo Domingo?

The Centro de Ginecologia & Obstetricia in Independencia was where our twin girls were born 2010, the pre & post care was / is 100% ( Dr. Maximo Cunillera) & now the pediatric care with the girls again is second to none. (Dr Torres). Only 1 suggestion of many good doctors in SD.