Party invitation July 28 - Help for children

R

Ronald Heyne

Hello all,

besides all those nasty posts recently I learned to know many kind people on this board. To see who is behind the names I had the idea to have a party in the DR during my upcoming vacation.

After checking for a suitable date with some of the frequent visitors the event has been scheduled for Saturday, July, 28. I now would like to invite all who are interested.

In addition to the party Saturday night, with live merengue music and puerco asado, we can spend the Sunday on the beach with fresh grilled fish and so on.

If you arrive earlier or stay longer I can offer to arrange other activities. If you want to play golf at Playa Grande a reservation will be necessary, if you want to go horseback riding I should know some days in advance. Other things to do would be the Laguna Grigri boat tour, swimming at Playa Caleton or a visit to Parque Nacional Cabo Frances Viejo.

The party will take place at our house in Abreu, between Rio San Juan and Cabrera. I think I can make reservations in one of the hotels in the area if you need.

I want to use this event to collect some money to help children in Abreu. As I think education is one of the most important things I like to support the local school and kids going to school. I plan to buy school uniforms for those who need it most. This can be done with any amount of money, the more money I have, the more uniforms I can buy. The party is free, please don?t bring any gifts and save some pesos for this. I want to collect the donations anonymously, but if you like I can also note your names and publish them with a report about the whole thing on my homepage.

My wife is from Abreu and the pricipal of the local school is a good friend of mine, so I can promise that every peso donated will reach those who need it. If you can?t be there but want to donate we will find a way to arrange that as well.

If you are interested please e-mail me and I will send you the directions and how to contact me there. I need to know some days in advance.

I hope to see many people from this board soon.

Bye

Ronald

J

Jack

I'll be there-Hope 2 see others2

I am looking forward to the party and meeting many of the DR1
poster. Great idea Thanks Ronald

S

Sofy's B&B

Re: I'll be there-Hope 2 see others2

Planning to be there, and hope to make it. Sounds great.
Noelle