Does Google Nexus 7 function here?

PCMissionary

Aug 5, 2011
Well, I know it will work, but with what sort of restrictions, for example with the "Play" appstore?
My wife has a Kindle Fire and she can't even download an app due to geographic restrictions here in the DR. Can I expect the same thing with the Nexus 7?

Or is iPad our only option?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I don't know about Kindle, but with the IPAD you need to register the account using the US as your address to get the app store with much more in it than the DR store. Might be the same for Kindle. Unless it goes by your present location.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
With my Asus pad I can download from Google Play appstore. So far I did not experience any restrictions.

PCMissionary

Aug 5, 2011
Right... I don't have an Apple.

What we want is either the Google Nexus 7 or the iPad... whichever allows us to install apps (from either Google Play or Appstore). My wife has a Kindle Fire (running on Android platform), and can't install apps for licensing reasons. Am I to assume the same for Google Nexus and/or for Apple?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yeah, I have a Samsung Galaxy (Android) and I can download apps both free and purchased. Maybe the problem is that your google account was created in a different country and now you're trying to download stuff somewhere else. Change the google info and try again.