Regarding new Provisional Residency and Cedula - What happens next?

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Hello everyone, I just received my appointment date to go down to Santo Domingo for my provisional residency. Can anyone out there who has recently received their residency explain what exactly goes on this day? Is it going to be a long drawn out process again? Will I receive both cards that day and have to pay more money?

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
If you are going to receive the residency, then first you have to go to JCE to receive the Cedula. You should take with you the sealed cover sent to you by the immigration. It would take maximum one hour depending on the crowd there. You will get the cedula there and you have to take this to the Immigration office and ask for the residency. You have to pay the fees and i do not remember exactly. There they will take the photographs and will give you the PR Card. If you pay for the VIP, you will get it same day both cards. Otherwise you have to go another day to collect the card.

If you have abojado, some cover everything. Some will ask you to pay for the VIP that is around 1500 pesos. Good Luck