what time to arrive at POP airport?

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
My friend just flew in for the weekend on jetblue and they told her to arrive 3 hours before for the return to JFK

3 hours?? I told her that i tend to arrive an hour before and pretty much walk through in 5 minutes...has anything changed recently?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You need to allow two hours, one is a cutting it close, and three is ridiculous!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
My experience with jetblue is that they close an international flight, for checkin, one hour before flight time. This allows time for the passanger list to be forewarded to the appropriate officials in the U.S. I plan my arrivial at the airport so as to be at the front of the ticket counter line one hour before the flight leaves. That way I am not rushed going thru security and immigration.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I arrive two hours before and there are no lines to check in; any time after that there are lines. Best to be safe rather than sorry or rushed.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am forced to arrive at any airport on my wife's schedule - a paranoid one - usually about 2 hrs before the flight.

Invariably, a long line.

After checkin, when I look behind me, there is no effing line !!!:mad:
Arriving 20 minutes later would avoid the lineup problem...... did I say 'paranoid'?

She won't change the schedule.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am forced to arrive at any airport on my wife's schedule - a paranoid one - usually about 2 hrs before the flight.

Invariably, a long line.

After checkin, when I look behind me, there is no effing line !!!:mad:
Arriving 20 minutes later would avoid the lineup problem...... did I say 'paranoid'?

She won't change the schedule.

It's obvious who wears the pants in this family!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You may be right, but if so, is it wise to tell the world that your wife is forcing you to do something you do not think is best.

Feisty today, Ken ?

Are you saying you never do anything that you don't want to do.?
Never acquiesce to your spouse's interests?

One marriage or several?

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
why not ?
tell the world that you are a considerate person
travelling can be stressful why add more?
ww thanks for not having your wife walk three feet behind you :)
Manu