When is Sosua Bay goint to re-opne?

R23

Sep 2, 2012
I went by Sosua Bay this morning and it is still closed. I wonder if it will ever re-open again. It is hard to believe that one of the nicest hotels in Sosua is not operational. Horrible management!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Certainly not before tourism picks up. No plans to reopen at present, I'm told.

R23

Sep 2, 2012
I heard that in Sosua closed-buildings deteriorate very quickly due to the climate, mold been the biggest problem. how long has this place been closed now?

R23

Sep 2, 2012
Anyway, why did it closed in the first place? I found a couple of videos on YouTube where employees were complaining for not been paid for months.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Anyway, why did it closed in the first place? I found a couple of videos on YouTube where employees were complaining for not been paid for months.
The owner ran it into the ground.
What is your interest in this?
I am sure you can buy it, after you clean up the various liens on the property.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

The last company that the owner had running the hotel was a disaster. He got them out and closed the hotel pending an improvement in tourism to Sosua.

R23

Sep 2, 2012
LOL...pending an improvement in tourism to Sosua...please! The longer this place remains closed the more money it will cost to reopen. How F-up do you really have to be in order to run such a nice hotel to the ground? I guess the owner takes the cake.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sosua bay is this giant terracotta building close to the beach, right? i actually wondered about this place myself: great location, solid looking structure, why not operational?

one on may secrets of DR, i guess. the same with this large complex on the other side of sosua bay, part of playa chiquita, i think. such potential yet being wasted. and the one on the main road, at the light, blue building (forgot the name).

and yes, things rot here quickly without proper maintenance. in time the damage can be so bad the whole building would have to be demolished...