Looking for a spot welding service/person/Sosua/Cabarete

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
Need to find a person who does spot welding for repair of small bicycle. Will go to POP but prefer Sosua/Cabarete area. Thanks.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Spot welding on a bycicle? Where on a bycicle has spot welding? I can't help over north but I'm coming up blank thinking of where on a bike needs spot welded. Just curious.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
In Cabarete the Callahon opposite dream condos main entrance there is a road headed toward the mountain view. you go to the first street in and turn left for about 30 seconds on your right you will friend what you are looking for if this is closer than charimicos for you

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As far as I know, those locations will have arc welders and not spot welders.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Brazing

As far as I know, those locations will have arc welders and not spot welders.

Indeed.
There are very few spot welders around, maybe in Santiago and Santo Domingo. Even on car bodies they use MAG welding which does not give you the desired results.

But well, maybe some people here regard the common "peek-touch-and-forget" welding as spot welding... :rolleyes:

BTW, on bicycles one would prefer brazing for repair work (on the frame).

With spot welding machines the usual thin cables would all melt down..... :bunny:

donP

Last edited:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
There is a Canadian across from the little playero ( Sousa ) that has a work shop behind the motercycle place. I believe his name is Richard. I believe he does alot of metal art work and might have what you need. I will see if i can find his card.