If you have higher electricity bills since Edenorte installed the new ?Smart meter? f

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[h=2]If you have higher electricity bills since Edenorte installed the new ?Smart meter? follow the following steps[/h]

1) You have to put a claim for ?alto consumo? with the Sosua office.
2) They should send you a technician to verify your meter. They will say everything is in order
3) You have to go back to Sosua Edenorte and ask for a reclamaccion paper for ?Alto consumo?
4) You have to pay at least the average of your last 3 bills not to get cut out.
5) Go to Superintencia de electricida to file a report with your reclamaccion for ?alto consumo?.
6) Superintencia will send you their own technician and adding all the claims together they will solve out problems.
7) If you are able and have time they also are asking if you can fill up with all your neighbours a petition signed by all with the names ? contact number ? date ? and signature.

Dir. Wascar Varguez
Superintendencia de Electricidad
Calle Antera Mota esquina Virginia E. Ortega
Edificio Isable de Torres
Local #112 (frente a brador)
Puerto Plata
809-722-6453
809-586-7120
809-586-7125

From (with spelling errors corrected by me above):

If you have higher electricity bills since Edenorte installed the new "Smart meter" | Nice People Networking

The above is essentially what I recommended when I mentioned to Ringo about PROTECOM in the thread on his being overcharged by Edenorte.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Just curious but what does all this accomplish? Besides being a huge PITA and waste of time and money...

Ive done at least 3 of these reclamos in the past 15 yrs and have never had anything resolved until I paid what they say I owed, in full.

Maybe im just unlucky but doesnt something actually ever get resolved as far as you not having to pay what they are asking?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just curious but what does all this accomplish? Besides being a huge PITA and waste of time and money...

Ive done at least 3 of these reclamos in the past 15 yrs and have never had anything resolved until I paid what they say I owed, in full.

Maybe im just unlucky but doesnt something actually ever get resolved as far as you not having to pay what they are asking?

I did win against Edenorte in the past year for a bill that was much higher than my normal usage after going to PROTECOM.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
2) They should send you a technician to verify your meter. They will say everything is in order

LOL Yeah, they always say everything's in order. I don't think they really verify anything! My neighbor told me that they should come when there is electricity in the street, that if they come when there's no power, check your meter and tell you everything's in order, they are lying!

Jan 22, 2010
someone else has reconnection costs on their bills without being cut off??
that is happening here in PP and you need a day pass of arguing at their office and nothing changes

T.E.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I did win against Edenorte in the past year for a bill that was much higher than my normal usage after going to PROTECOM.

Glad to here they at least resolve some cases. 15 yrs here and have never had that luck.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
solution = solar panels?
:)

Solar panels are a solution for a percentage of people and/or a percentage of the total energy you might use. I don't have the physical room to install the number of panels required to replace the electricity I purchase from Edenorte.

The best solution would be that the rule of law is enforced so everyone pays for what they use including the government. That would end the majority of blackouts and shortages. I know this is a pipe dream in the DR.