A little Help Please

T

Tony

I have been trying to get info on Hotels in the Puerto Plata / Sosua area. When I call them direct, I get someone that does not speak English. Here is what I am looking for. Ocean View rooms, Swim-up bar. Good night life area. NOT ALL INCLUSIVE!!! Air conditioning. Televison & phone. Most of the places I see on the net are all inclusive....why is that????
Please...Please any info will be appreciated. I will be there first week in August. Thanx Everyone.......Tony

S

sandra

Try Sosua by the Sea. Airconditioning, on the beach, walking distance to the centre of Sosua . Have you considered Cabarete. It sounds like it my be more to your liking. Windsurf Resort. 809 571 07l8. You can check out Cabarete on www.hispaniola.com.
Good luck and have a great time

T

Tony

Thank you Sandra...already checked it out. Mostly Germans and No swim-up bar.

C

ChicacagoChris

I don't think you can find a place meeting all of your criteria in Sosua as I don't think there's a swim up bar anywhere in town. You will however, find alot of Germans in any resort area.

S

sandra

Tony, the Windsurf Resort has a pool bar. Mostly Americans and Canadians , if that makes a difference. You would have a great time in Cabarete.
Just my opinion

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Swim up bar

The only places I've seen that have swim-up bars are the ones that have the massive swimming pools and are very large properties. In the Dominican Republic, almost all the larger properties operate as all-inclusive hotels.

P

Phyllis

Check Debbie's reviews as there are several opinions/options there.