new rubber roof

kobi23

Jan 1, 2002
need reputable person that does rubber roofing. this would be done in the capitolon ave. mexico ,am coming on sat and need to hire someone on monday thanks

kobi23

Jan 1, 2002
well maybe im wrong my condo has a cement roof that is leaking. have had people patching it for a few vyears.now im told it has to be done all over.heres what the estimate says lona asfaltica de 3 millimetro estoincluye la remicion del impermeabilizante existente en el area de apto. cotizado y bote del mismo 229 m2. now maybe you can tell me something thanks george

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I believe what you're describing is not a rubber roof - it's a hot tar roof. They will pour hot tar onto the roof from buckets, spread it, and let it dry.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I think you will be wasting your money , I know people that had it done here and it still didn't work and it was expensive. That is very specialized work in the US never mind here.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I would like to find a company that installs a "REAL" rubber roof.
I have had the "Tar Baby" treatment twice,doesn't work.
I have a flat roof over half of my house,and the only way to stop leaks is a rubber diaphram covering.
Probably too expensive for Dominicans,so no companies doing the instalations.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I didn't think they offered a true torched down rubber roof in DR.

We had one on our warehouse in AC [finally sold it, whoopie!], and just had a new one done on our detached, flat-roof garage a couple of months ago.

A few years ago a good portion of a string of stores in Atlantic City burned down during the installation (or maybe repair, I don't remember) of a rubber roof. Got to be someone who knows what they're doing. Probably less danger in DR with all the cement construction though.