Dominicans cutting their own throats

mr bill

Apr 5, 2010
DOMINICAN WORKERS CUTTING THEIR OWN THROATS

WHO WILL EMPLOY A DOMINICAN WORKER IN THE FUTURE.

???What do you get if you put Dominican labour laws in the hands of the most corrupt lawyers in the world,?????

Gunter Dresler The German owner of Marina Tropical , 2 years ago , gave a job to Andrae, an illiterate dominican manual worker ,who uses his thumb print, because he cannot sign his own name,

To work in the concrete gang at the marina, he was employed for around six months on that job, which he chose to leave to work for a private boat owner who was renovating his boat at the marina, he worked for the owner for 1 month, while he was in the country , then worked for 2 additional months on the boat under the supervision of a friend of the owner, .when their was no more suitable work for Andrae to do on this boat ,the friend of the boat owner found work looking after another friends farm , while he also was out of the country, the two of them worked on the farm for around 6 weeks pulling weeds and repairing fences, and doing various work on the farm,

this work ended when the owner of the farm returned to his luperon farm.

Andrae was paid his agreed wage as casual labourer at the end of each day he worked. by his supervisor .

the man who was supervising Andrae on both these jobs tried his best to find more work as a favour to Andrae,

but could only find work for a few days each week suitable for Andrae.

After a few weeks continued part time work, Andrae found work on a construction site, in another town, and suddenly stopped his part time casual labour work.

Although he continued to live in a house ,owned by Gunter , and didn't pay any rent at all for the last 2 years.

Apparently Andrae claims he worked for the private company ,who dug out the ramp at the marina tropical as a labourer, for one year. before the marina was open.

But Gunther had no knoledge ,of who was employed in a separate project. Under the employment of someone else.

It seems a friend of Andrae suggested he visit the labour department, to see if the could get some money out of the German Gringo.

They started off claiming 90 000 pesos for two years severance pay, Even though Andrae left his job at his own choice,

The lawyers took on the case against Gunter at no cost to Andrae, but they expect to keep most of anything they can get and promising only a small percentage to Andrae.

The lawyers of both sides then got together, to force delays and postponements of the case, then mysteriously the claim on Andraes unfair dismissal had increased to 350 000 pesos.

Then more deliberate delays and more postponements due to the lawyers collusion and DELIBERATE INCOMPETANCE and time wasting, for a few more months.

Gunther went to the labour tribunal in the court building at puerto plata again yesterday, with witness,s that Andrae left his employment at his own choice, and Evidence he was paid less than 10,000 pesos in total for the time he worked at marina tropical,

But somehow The lawyers have increased the compensation claims now to FIVE MILLION PESOS, AND SIX YEARS OF WORK, AT MARINA TROPICAL.,EVEN THOUGH ANDRAE HIMSELF ONLY CLAIMS HE WORKED 2 YEARS FOR GUNTER.

THE ANSWER TO ABOVE QUESTION '',WHAT DO YOU GET IF YOU PUT THE MOST CORRUPT LAWYERS IN THE WORLD ,,WITH the DOMINICAN LABOUR LAWS."""

iIs this .

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO MORE JOBS GIVEN TO DOMINICANS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't know if I get the whole thing, but seems pretty simple to me. The worker has to show that he worked all that time. Whatever the time he worked, then the total gross income is calculated for the last 12 months worked. Based on that the severance is calculated using the simple calculator on the Ministerio del trabajo's web site. The lawyers can claim whatever they want, the law is very clear. I've seen this many times at the company I work for. They get what the law says. If the said worked doesn't have proof that he was fired, he gets nothing but the pro-rated christmas salary and vacation.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is there no iron clad independent contractor agreement that can be signed before you "employ" a dominican?

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
In the developed world: why steal something if I can pay for it.
In the remaining world: why pay for something if I can steal it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is typical!!!

Once upon a time: There was a large farm that produced melons for export and bananas for export.
They employed over 2000 farm workers and all were registered with Social Security. However, since many had no c?dula since they were illegal immigrants, when they went to the Social Security for treatment for some ailment, they were refused. So they went to the Labor Department and filed claims.

As a result, the president of the company, NOT THE LAWYERS HIRED TO DEFEND THE COMPANY!!!!., were cited to appear in court--ie lose a day of work--and eventually the company was fined etc etc etc even showing that they had paid every penny required by the SS for the workers that SS refused to take care of.

End result?

F&ck the farm. Close it down and get outta Dodge.

No more farm...no more wages and for sure no more Social Security...

So typical...

HB

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
The same game is played in the U.S. with divorce lawyers and others by filing continuances for one phoney excuse after another, until the "mark" or "pigeon" (the party with the most to lose) calls "uncle" and forks over an out-of-court settlement. The lawyers for both parts collude in the game.

CASTLE's post is correct assuming there is rule of law and legal system integrity. (Hoo-Hah!)

In the DR, when your buddy tells you, "I've got a really good lawyer . . .", run like hell. There are none.