Anyone know where to buy flowers for a funeral?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can arrange for a funeral bouquet in any funeral home. in DR, however, the flowers are not as important as simply being present and paying respect.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
you can arrange for a funeral bouquet in any funeral home. in DR, however, the flowers are not as important as simply being present and paying respect.

I'm not so sure about that dv8, when my suegra died last March there were as many floral arrangements as I'd expect to see in the US. I was actually rather surprised. This was in Santo Domingo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, many flowers at grandma funeral too: but only from the family. i do not think it is expected as much as in america/europe. also, i have see no flowers at all at funerals of poorer people.

Aug 21, 2007
To answer the original question, there is a florist across from Playero. I would go a day or two ahead to make sure she can get what you have in mind. A second option is to go to Puerto Plata to the Supermercado de Flores, I believe it is called. He is a wholesaler, always has fresh flowers, is a nice guy, and I believe they also do arrangements or he will get someone to do it for you. He is located on the street by the little park near Tropical.

Lindsey

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Go to the cemetary and "borrow" some wreath.

CHANGE BANNER!!! Just joking!!!

The store across from Playero does them, but is not cheap.

@Lindsey... people here are buried within 24 hours....

BelgianK