Dental Implant Information needed

Rachelle

Aug 18, 2012
Hi everyone, I have been researching Dental Implants and have seen the name Genao F, Juan Alonso Dcome up more than once. I am still in the states but am planning a trip to Santiago the first week in October to see Dr. Genao for a consultation. Of course here in the states the dentist "poo poo" this idea telling me that they have had to remove implants placed abroad. (I saw one today)

I would like feedback from any one who actually had implants placed by Dr Genao along with bridgework. I have a few questions which I would be forever grateful for answers!

Please PM me or use my private addy: rachellesher@gmail.com.

I thank you so much!

Rachelle;)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Actually, my Cdn dentist spoke highly of RD dental work,

This is a fellow I have known since childhood and who teaches dental courses at UWO in London ON.

Rachelle

Aug 18, 2012
Actually, my Cdn dentist spoke highly of RD dental work,

This is a fellow I have known since childhood and who teaches dental courses at UWO in London ON.

Thank you William, I take it that Cdn stands for Canadian dentist? Did you have dental work done in RD?

Rachelle

Aug 18, 2012
Thank you Robert, I did view your posts from 2011. It did not come up in my search as I did an "Implant" search. Were Implants involved in your work?

I will visit the clinic while I am there. 2 consultations will be great!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I had implants done by Oscar Morel in Santiago - extractions, 2 implants, 2 root canals and sinus flapping; very pleased and when my periodontist saw the work when I was back in NY, he was duly impressed, as was i with his professionalism, his expertise, his passion for what he does, and of course most important (to me) was the pristine cleanliness and sterile conditions.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thank you William, I take it that Cdn stands for Canadian dentist? Did you have dental work done in RD?

Yes, I had a tooth break off and it was replaced by the dentista in Sosua, very well.
My Canadian dentist friend saw and said he couldn't improve on it.

Quick, clean and economical.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm still waiting to see the final results............

I have been a little busy of late. Just got back to the DR, but off to China in a couple of weeks.

I have 2-3 sessions to go, but they need at least 10-14 days to complete and I haven't been about for that length of time. Hopefully by the end of 2012 :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thank you Robert, I did view your posts from 2011. It did not come up in my search as I did an "Implant" search. Were Implants involved in your work?

I will visit the clinic while I am there. 2 consultations will be great!

No implants.

Dr. Rojas is an implantologist, he trains lots of dentists from Europe and Latin America.
They come here as it's cheaper than going to the USA.

The CT and 3D scanning they use is by far the most modern and advanced in the DR, it's very cool!

Rachelle

Aug 18, 2012
I thank you so much! My case is pretty complicated. I need 4 - 6 with a full upper bridge! All of my bone grafting is done. From my point of care on I would need $25,000 here in the US of A. I know I will have to commit to a six - 8 trek of traveling or staying in the DR, That is fine with me! I will phone them tomorrow.

Rachelle

May 29, 2006
How much lead time do you need to get CEREC work done? I prob also need about four root canals in the process. Many dentists in the US aren't taking new patients if they are any good and reasonably priced.