Certified Copies of Dominican Passports

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
My spouse needs to get a ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). It is like a SSN for non residents and non citizens. As of late June, the IRS no longer accepts notarized copies of passports as proof and now only accepts certified copies by the issuing agency.

The DR is a member of the Hague convention, so an apostille copy should be acceptable. I guess. My question is: How do I get a Dominican Passport apostillied?

I have no idea. I hope someone can help me out.

PS, If your spouse and you step children have an ITIN, you can file a joint married return and claim the dependents even though they normally do not qualify. You attach the application to the return when you send it in.

Thanks

raysantana

Jan 24, 2019
My spouse needs to get a ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). It is like a SSN for non residents and non citizens. As of late June, the IRS no longer accepts notarized copies of passports as proof and now only accepts certified copies by the issuing agency.

The DR is a member of the Hague convention, so an apostille copy should be acceptable. I guess. My question is: How do I get a Dominican Passport apostillied?

I have no idea. I hope someone can help me out.

PS, If your spouse and you step children have an ITIN, you can file a joint married return and claim the dependents even though they normally do not qualify. You attach the application to the return when you send it in.

Thanks

I know that replying to a post from 2012 is a long shot, but were you able to get this done? I need to get an ITIN from my wife.