Personal Water Purification: Just Brilliant!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
This is brilliant!

LifeStraw Personal Water Purification Device

child-drinking-LifeStraw-with-metal-bowl.jpg

$20 retail. I'll bet a LOT cheaper by the thousands...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I started talking about pure water OVER 10 years ago. Whole house systems that would work for a community.

I also have had just about endless posts about organizations and systems that are simple and effective for the outback areas that distribute these simple systems but.... no one goes beyond the... "this is neat and let's do this."

An idea is only good as an idea and a complete waist of posting if YOU do not impliment.

"GEEEEE..... HOW COOL IS THIS." Means nothing.

Dec 26, 2011
I started talking about pure water OVER 10 years ago. Whole house systems that would work for a community.

I also have had just about endless posts about organizations and systems that are simple and effective for the outback areas that distribute these simple systems but.... no one goes beyond the... "this is neat and let's do this."

An idea is only good as an idea and a complete waist of posting if YOU do not impliment.

It looks like your tireless efforts have had good effect. Well done.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
It looks like your tireless efforts have had good effect. Well done.

LOL. In some cases some progress has been made. But it really burns my ass when people come up with a "new" idea that has been around for ....................... a long time and think that they have a new idea to solve the water problems.

Then don't back it up.

I've backed some for several years. Not the best return for $ vs clean water. In fact it sucks.

It is not about the money... it is about what you DO and TRY to do. AND then DO.

Talk is very cheap and D.R. ONE has a lot of cheap talk.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
LOL. In some cases some progress has been made. But it really burns my ass when people come up with a "new" idea that has been around for ....................... a long time and think that they have a new idea to solve the water problems.

Then don't back it up.

I've backed some for several years. Not the best return for $ vs clean water. In fact it sucks.

It is not about the money... it is about what you DO and TRY to do. AND then DO.

Talk is very cheap and D.R. ONE has a lot of cheap talk.

SEE HOW MANY HAVE HELPED THE children in Santiago? That is an H.B. thread and if no one trusts H.B. then...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

It?s information, that all. Relax.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

The RREAL question is:

Who's gonna pay for it.

The UN bought a fleet of fancy SUV's for their bureaucrat do-gooders to drive in Haiti...but how about a million or so simple devices like this one?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
It?s information, that all. Relax.

Hey Bob. We've been around for awhile. Yet the same "information" with NO DUE all these years.

Nay. NOT a new idea at all. Just an OLD idea.

My POINT?

Old or new ideas but not backed; no money, no concept of how to make it work, no nothing....

It's just a "neat thing".

BULL ****. Pony up or shut up.

Dec 26, 2011
Hey Bob. We've been around for awhile. Yet the same "information" with NO DUE all these years.

Nay. NOT a new idea at all. Just an OLD idea.

My POINT?

Old or new ideas but not backed; no money, no concept of how to make it work, no nothing....

It's just a "neat thing".

BULL ****. Pony up or shut up.

More flies with honey...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Easy boys, easy.

How about we pass theproverbial hat here on DR1.

Pay by PayPal thru some account.??

I'm in for one..... straw thing at the volume price.
A family can each share one - right?

Where is MAnnie when we need her ????:confused: