New Zealand Lamb

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Does anyone know where to find New Zealand Lamb ANYWHERE in the DR? Please note, I have seen New Zealand MUTTON in Jose Luis in Puerto Plata, it just ain't the same!
Many thanks.

J&T

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well, they fly them over individually in first class seats, same as the blueberries.

Supermercado Amigo in Naco, SD used to have all these luxuries.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Does anyone know where to find New Zealand Lamb ANYWHERE in the DR? Please note, I have seen New Zealand MUTTON in Jose Luis in Puerto Plata, it just ain't the same!
Many thanks.

J&T

Chef Pepper delivers lamb. I am not sure if from new zealand or patagonia or maybe even US. I order it all the time and it is good stuff. French cut or full rack. Yes, expensive.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Lamb from New Zealand and Australia can be no more than 24 weeks old.
After that is called mutton. Lamb from the US can be upwards of one year old.
Mutton and Lamb from the US has a stronger flavour than lamb from Australia and New Zealand.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Many thanks.

J&T

National in Santiago had it about a month ago in their frozen meat section.............
Wanted to purchase but very very expensive .............:classic:
It was Rack of Lamb from New Zealand.........

B in Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Well, they fly them over individually in first class seats.

the only problem is that after too much champagne they keep on butting stewardesses. hush money paid to make their little moral mistakes disappear cause the meat to be this expensive...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Silly question. The DR has sheep? no?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Playero were selling legs of lamb in the frozen section. About RD$4,000 a pop. Although the label said it wasn't from New Zealand, but Ireland. I'm not sure if I've ever had Irish lamb, but I'd imagine it's quite good.

When I stayed at the Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado, the one on its' own island in the bay of Samana, they were serving lamb chops for dinner. They were delicious! I asked the waitress if she wouldn't mind asking the chef where they came from. The chef actually came out of the kitchen to speak to me and told me that their lamb is domestic. Bahia Principe have their own sheep farm somewhere on the Samana peninsula that supplies the hotel exclusively.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
the only problem is that after too much champagne they keep on butting stewardesses. hush money paid to make their little moral mistakes disappear cause the meat to be this expensive...
The goats in tourist class are much better behaved, I'm told.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
flying in the first class from such age spoils the lambs considerably. they keep on smoking in lavatories and they always bother gwyneth paltrow for an autograph. no manners, really. and i hear they all belong to mile high club. dirty animals.

Dec 26, 2011
551917_404105589644698_577181244_n.jpg