Anyone know if hearing aids are sold in the DR?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Hola mis amigos--- I have saved mucho dinero by getting dental implants in the DR instead of the USA-
Is it possible to also buy the latest-technology hearing aids in Santiago or the Capitol?
Thanks for your time!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
The implants might be cheaper than in the States but I doubt that goes for latest-technology hearing aids. I am pretty sure these are much more expensive here than in Europe or USA if / when available...

Hola mis amigos--- I have saved mucho dinero by getting dental implants in the DR instead of the USA-
Is it possible to also buy the latest-technology hearing aids in Santiago or the Capitol?
Thanks for your time!

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
I wondered which smartass would be the first to crack a "write louder" joke!! :)

Thank you both Pollogringo and Chirimoya for the info--- $1500/ear would be wonderful-- My hubby was quoted $5000 for two-- and health insurance does not cover! (of course, I told him one would be enough and then he'd only have to listen to me half the time! :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I wondered which smartass would be the first to crack a "write louder" joke!! :)

Thank you both Pollogringo and Chirimoya for the info--- $1500/ear would be wonderful-- My hubby was quoted $5000 for two-- and health insurance does not cover! (of course, I told him one would be enough and then he'd only have to listen to me half the time! :)
The price honestly depends on make, size, and model.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
You really are an a$$hole, hearing loss is not a joke, appreciate the fact you can hear, see and haunt dr1.

fyi, I do suffer from hearing loss, and have cataract... And I admit it was a dumb joke... Sometimes you have to take things a bit lighter Tambo

BelgianK

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
You really are an a$$hole, hearing loss is not a joke

I actually thought it was a pretty good joke; but I'm easily amused- :rolleyes:

Anywho...hubby was advised to look at "100% digital wireless" made by Widex USA- The Natural Choice | High Definition Hearing | Home
Models "Clear 220, 330, 440" range in price from $1800 to $3000 each--
Or Oticon

I am going to try (with Google Translate) to see if the two rec'ed places in Sto. Dom are familiar with these brands-
Thanks again-
Susan

Dec 26, 2011

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Tambo"......."Chill"!
I am totally deaf in my right ear,and have about 20% in the left.
I was going to post ."What?", until I saw "Belgian's" post first.
CC