Tailor In Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just had some pants shortened and adjusted by Ana, the tailor in the plaza where Orange is in Sosua. She did a good job. She has also made curtains and done some other work for apartments in the condominium where I live.

She is a very friendly, good humored lady and speaks good English.

Her shop is inside Plaza Colonial in the corner closest to Banco Popular next to the stairs to the second floor. There is a big sign on the wall above the entrance "Ana Atelier".

She makes clothes, curtains, etc., and anything else a tailor does in the Dominican Republic.

Her cel number is 829-633-1698

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Yes, very nice lady. She repaired some curtains for us after the last litter of pups got through with them...

Very reasonable prices as well. And apparently her daughter gives good massages as well (the regular ones...)

BelgianK

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
She is a good woman...I have used her for many things..curtains, slipcovers, and holes in my pant's pocket!

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
All of the above. She redid 2 suits of mine which had become too large and were needed for both some work I was doing in the US and to attend a high school reunion. Her work was more than excellent. She also redid two leather hassocks which had deteriorated from a few years of bad weather, again, perfect work. She is a delightful personality and an accomplished tailor. She made a dress for my wife which is far superior to one I bought at 4 times the price in Puerto Plata. Highly recommend Ana.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have used her for years to make skirts for our kids for school. An excellent job. She also runs the ligit massage parlor next door.

Bob K

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Being totally useless with a needle, lucky me found Ana soon after we arrived here, and have gone to her ever since. She is a wonderful person and a delight to visit her shop. I too wonder how she manages with the rates she charges, so try to include a little extra once in awhile. She has made cushion covers, altered clothes, and a variety of other things for me and we have always been every pleased!!! Thanks Ken for letting people know about her...