Problems getting insurance

hawaiintropic

May 16, 2011
Hi all,
i'm having problems getting insurance in England before my return to the DR because under residency in the policy it says i have to have been living in the uk six months before i take out policy and the one policy i found that does not state this is double the price. I did have a policy running with seguros kling in sosua but they said i had to continue the policy even if i left the country i forgot anyway but also did not no for sure if i would be returning to the DR. Does anyone know of another insurance company who would cover me for health while in the country, any experiences or recommendations please.
i am based in Cabarete so would like a company that's local to the area.
Thanks

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
Hi all,
i'm having problems getting insurance in England before my return to the DR because under residency in the policy it says i have to have been living in the uk six months before i take out policy and the one policy i found that does not state this is double the price. I did have a policy running with seguros kling in sosua but they said i had to continue the policy even if i left the country i forgot anyway but also did not no for sure if i would be returning to the DR. Does anyone know of another insurance company who would cover me for health while in the country, any experiences or recommendations please.
i am based in Cabarete so would like a company that's local to the area.
Thanks

There are internet insurance companies on the web that will give travelers insurance with policies lasting up to a year. They will re-patriate you to your home country ; presumably UK in the case of a serious condition.

There are many with different benefits.

TravelInsurance.co.uk Travel Insurance - Error Occurred

read the small print but some only require you to be a UK national or have a UK address ; could be friend or relative.

etc.

yapask1

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you made zero sense to me. are you looking for travel insurance? english insurance? dominican insurance?
cannot help you with the first two but the last one has been exhaustingly discussed in here. just do your search. to recap quickly for you: the best companies are humano and universal, you can buy an insurance directly from them or from an agent dealing with insurances. a private plan allows lots of room in planning the coverage and choosing whatever it includes.

hawaiintropic

May 16, 2011
yes travel insurance, i can't take out cover in the uk for worldwide including DR as they require you to be in the uk six months before taking out a policy and i've gone through lot of companies reading the small print. So wanted to know if there was a company in the surrounding areas of cabarete that would insure me for health while i', in Cabarete for 6-7 months.