Yellow fever vaccination

hawaiintropic

May 16, 2011
Hi,
where can i get a yellow fever vaccination in the Cabarete or close surrounding area and any idea of cost, thanks?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
fiebre amarilla? i do not think we have that here, do we? if you want a vaccine do it before you travel.

Aug 21, 2007
If you are traveling to certain parts of the world, it is required for entry. I, too, need one to go to Ghana in December, but will wait until I go back to the US. Even there, most doctors don't carry it. I have to go to the county board of health to get it.

Lindsey

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i doubt anyone here will have it, maybe in SD. there is no yellow fever in DR that i am aware of.

Aug 21, 2007
This vaccination is NOT necessary for traveling or living in the DR. It is only required by certain other countries in the world where yellow fever is present. Unless you plan to travel to those countries, a yellow fever vaccination is unnecessary. For that reason, most doctor's offices throughout the world do not carry the vaccine.

Lindsey

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
You do need it to go to places like Brazil and parts of Africa. I got my vaccination free from the govt vaccine ministry. I went to Santo Domingo, but there is one in Santiago also. No cost. Actually, there were about a dozen people all getting the yellow fever vaccine when I went. Cheers.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
@ Dr. Guy : good to know in case we decide to go on vacation to affected countries. I already thought I needed to go to Belgium where you can get the vaccination for free at the center of tropical disease control.

Acira

hawaiintropic

May 16, 2011
of course not for the DR, i will be going from the Dr to South america and need yellow fever jab the trip is not 100% going to happen yet so would rather not fork out the money for the vaccination in the uk if i don't end up going. Will spend four months in Cabarete first then SA so would prefer to get it don't in Cabarete or surrounding area before i go once my plans are more confirmed.
Thanks anyway, cmc seems the best bet