tappas in Cortecito

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
on my last couple of visits I've noticed a sign for Tappas bar/ restaurant just off of the main road between Cortecito and Friusa. It's to the right if traveling from Friusa / Texaco towards Cortecito... don't remember exactly where, but I think closer to Cortecito (maybe just before you get to the center of "town".

Is anyone familiar with this place? Has anyone tried it?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, very good. It is located in the Plaza where Iberia is, across from Iberia and to your left. The owner is Mexican and you will not find better in the area. I don't know the name, but you will find it.

I just noticed you said Corcito, of course this one is in Fruisa, but go, you will like it.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
on my last couple of visits I've noticed a sign for Tappas bar/ restaurant just off of the main road between Cortecito and Friusa. It's to the right if traveling from Friusa / Texaco towards Cortecito... don't remember exactly where, but I think closer to Cortecito (maybe just before you get to the center of "town".

Is anyone familiar with this place? Has anyone tried it?

Been there once, good Paella never have tried the tapas.
It is in a starnge spot, but good food, wine resonable price and live music on weekends.

worth trying...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's a new Spanish restaurant in Punta Cana Village that everyone is raving about, we haven't tried it yet though.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
We have been to the tappas place. We like the atmosphere, usually a pretty happening place but not too loud.
And the food is pretty good:)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There's a new Spanish restaurant in Punta Cana Village that everyone is raving about, we haven't tried it yet though.

This place is the best. Not cheap, but one of the best Spanish Restaurant's in the whole DR. We ate there a few days ago.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Thanks to all for the info. Tappas place now officially on my "must try" list. Maybe get down to the Spanish place in PCV sometime too!

Ironically, I've been promising myself to eat at one of the "landmarks" of Cortecito since I started coming there. Gladys (spelling?)... it's only about 2 blocks from my place, and I STILL haven't wandered in there yet. One of these days I'll have to check that one out too.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Thanks to all for the info. Tappas place now officially on my "must try" list. Maybe get down to the Spanish place in PCV sometime too!

Ironically, I've been promising myself to eat at one of the "landmarks" of Cortecito since I started coming there. Gladys (spelling?)... it's only about 2 blocks from my place, and I STILL haven't wandered in there yet. One of these days I'll have to check that one out too.

Gladys is great for the cheapy Dominican lunch:laugh: