Residency Visa for UK citizens.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I am expecting my residency visa back any day now if all is well. There is something that is confusing me a little and the only reasons I can figure out that may be a hold is the 'tourist card'. It states that I should produce the tourist card from the last time I was in the country. I am correct in thinking this tourist card is really the stamp in my passport yes? It states (on what I have been able to find) to 'produce the tourist card that you were given on your last entry into the country', this throws me a little as I am not actually given anything. Can someone clarify this for me please.
While I am on the subject I might as well run the rest past you to be sure everything has been sent. I see that there are threads on the residency visa when in the country, but not on when applying from the UK. So here goes,

My passport, I was unsure if I needed to send photocopies of the passport or not, I did to be sure, maybe someone can clarify this.
My birth certificate, translated into Spanish, and the original has been appostilled.
My ACRO criminal background certificate, also translated and the original has also been appostilled.
A letter in Spanish from my Lawyer in DR as guarantor, this has also been witnessed by a third party and appostilled in the Dominican Republic.
A copy of the birth certificate of my child, that has also been appostilled in the Dominican Republic.
A copy of my fianc?e birth certificate, mother of my child, also appostilled.
A letter from my doctor stating I have no ongoing illness, and am able. Not translated or appostilled.
A letter from my Bank Manager, not stating any finances, but clarifying I run my account in an adequate, solvent manner. Not translated or appostilled.
The application form with a passport sized photo. I was confused by the mention of 2 x 2, at first I thought this meant inches in size, but I now think this means two side, and two frontal. I am however unclear if these were required at the Residency Visa stage, and not once in the country for the main application, or both.
A covering letter stating my case for residency, child, intentions of work, time spent in the country of recent years. If anything else should have been stated maybe people could add to this as appropriate.
A postal order for ?250.

All countries have different requirements, this is my understanding of what is required when applying from the UK for the residency visa only, not the provisional or permanent residency which will be achieved once in the country with my residency visa.

Also I had trouble when comming up with a decent format for my accompanying letter, a template would have been very useful for me, but unable to find anything online. Maybe having one available is an idea.

I would appreciate if people could reassure me, correct me or add to this list. Maybe having something thorough and complete to reassure other UK citizens applying for Dominican residency would take away the headaches I have endured recently. Something clear to reference would have been wonderful.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The tourist card is what you buy when you enter the country, right before getting to inmigration. It is or used to be greenish, and it is stamped by the inmigration officer along with your passport, but they take it back when you leave. So, if you're not in DR right now you would not have it.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If that is the case then those requirement must now be void, as applicants for the Residency are applying from abroad, not inside. I can't believe the British website is not updated yet, at all. Now into September.:bored: