Grass / sod / turf

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Since many of you were so helpful a month ago with my battery / inverter questions (which by the way, is still being worked on. I'll post when we get it all sorted and what we end up doing!)... I now have another question. Our back yard recently had to be dug up for construction so all of our grass got destroyed. Instead of slowly watching grass grow, we thought we would get some sod or turf (for those British readers) laid down if it isn't too expensive here. Any ideas on where we may be able to get sod in the Cabrera area? Or somewhere further away that would deliver it and put it down for an extra fee? Even if not, how about any ideas on how much sod would cost per square foot/metre?

One more question... we are looking for plastic, preferably brick coloured, sheets to put along our fence for privacy. Any ideas on where to buy and costs? We can't find any in Cabrera but would be able to travel for these. We'll be in POP this Saturday so anywhere between there and Cabrera could work.

Thanks so much in advance!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is a small vivero in el Breton, just a bit up a little road across from the new house under construction - ask for Edwin and use my name.
He can get sod. Get the type that needs less cutting.

Usually, they just throw chunks of it and wait for it to grow but Edwin will stitch a lawn together for you.

All of his things are good and well priced.

It before that big new restaurant that seem to have nobody in it.... Diamante something

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks very much for the info, WW. We'll head out there to check it out tomorrow afternoon. Sounds great.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I live above there.... use the name Saudio... mi jardinero.
He'll get it.
Edwin just did a grass project in LT.... last 8-10 months or so

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ask Mountainannie, she seems to know about good Dominican grass!:cheeky:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
How did I know that would come up... as I typed it.... Tambored, AGAIN !!!!

Oh, thx for liking me on the dentista..... I was going to vouch for her cleanliness and gentleness but backed off in fear of your tirade:nervous:

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks again for the advice WW. Edwin and his boys are coming to start putting down the grass (and doing some general garden tidying) this Tuesday. I'll post on how it turns out but he promises it will be beautiful! ;)