Anyone know the difference in electric rates in lt as opposed to rest of dr?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hi I am liking to know how much the electric rate is in Las TERRANAS compared to the rest of the DR aside from punta Cana Any one out know if they have a similar usage discount system and how that is? Thx please

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I never heard of Las TERRANAS,but in most places which are served by EDE's their is no "discount" schedule but rather the more you use the higher rate you pay until you hit 700 kWh and then you pay for everything at the highest rate. I would call that a "penalty" schedule rather than a "discount" schedule.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Good Service in LT

LT rate rd$ 19.20 kwh, robbery!

Don Richard, although I am not affected, I don't think it's an abusive rate.
One has to take into account, that "Luz y Fuerza" of Las Terrenas ...
- is a private company not receiving help from the government and have to buy their fuel at a higher price;
- provides a very reliable service which the rest of the country can only dream about;
- fixes problems in their distribution net quickly;

Many people here who always complain about L&F should be able to connect to the government lines and see what they get.

donP
(who used to generate his power supply at a much higher rate than L&F of LT)

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Sorry misspelled las terranass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So in effect WINDEGUY , I am just looking to see if this end of town has the same PENALTY structure as most of this island does

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
According to granca the rate is rd$ 19.20 kWh in Las Terrenas. No idea if that is for each and every kWh or only if you exceed some amount. I did see this:

Superintendence of Electricity shall regulate rates

The Superintendence of Electricity could regulate the rates of the isolated electric systems, that is to say the ones that are not included in the interconnected national electricity system (<acronym title="Interconnected national electricity system">SENI</acronym>).
The superintendent of electricity, Juan Bautista G?mez said the entity has been working to regulate this sector for seven months, after many users complained about the high prices of the services.
The Superintendent of Electricity said the rates have to be based on the technology used for the production of the electricity.
Among the isolated systems are the ones in Puerto Plata, Punta Cana Macao, Juan Dolio, Las Terrenas, El Limon, Casa de Campo, Oviedo and Cap Cana
The official said that although the isolated systems are mostly located in tourist areas they do not only supply hotels, but also local people, and small businesses.
http://us.las-terrenas-live.com/las...of-las-terrenas-will-be-subject-to-rules.html

Perhaps very soon Las Terrenas will not have 24/7 power.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I use between 400 and 500 kwh every month, but as donP pointed out LT has nearer to 24/7 than most parts if the country.