Most robberies occur between 7am and 12pm

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Though I must admit I feel most vulnerable at night, the District Attorney, Yeni Berenice Reynoso, revealed that 37% of robberies occur between 7am and 12pm.
Here is the break down....

7am - 12pm -> 37%
12pm - 7pm -> 18%
7pm - 12am -> 33%
12am - 7am -> 12%

I don't think the report mentions if these are home invasion, or robberies while people are commuting to work; but it does show how brazen these criminals are that in pure day light they do not fear to commit these atrocities. These are Santo Domingo figures.
Article: El Caribe ? Fiscal revela los horarios en que ocurren mayor?a de robos en el DN

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I guess these numbers are for the type of crimes that actually get reported, namely car thefts and burglaries, or even more serious crimes. I don't think anyone who gets robbed on the street reports it. To replace personal documents you're required to report the robbery, but that would be a fairly inaccurate source pertaining date/hour of the actual event...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The opening and closing times of Colmados who are the most hit places around. They close at 12 midnight (I am surprised this is not the higher figure as the shutters go down), and open between 7am and 8am (maybe before they get the surveillance cameras switched on).

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Wonder how accurate these figures are! A bit surprising as I always thought criminals were lazy and slept in. Best to be prepared 24/7. Better go check the guns, dogs, machetes, cross bow, sling shot with ball bearing ammo and bear spray. I keep the bear spray for minor crimes. It is the big can that says clearly "not to be used on humans and may cause permanent injury"-hope so.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Some good news. Dominican National Police killed 5 yesterday, including two who were involved in SDQ airport road robberies and a few in Puerto Plata. They found guns and poisoned salami (watch dog killer) on the bodies. Give these guys a raise for a job well done. Good clean summary justice, no need for trials, lawyers or time in prison.