Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputable or decent car A/C mechanic in Santiago?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reputable or decent car A/C mechanic in Santiago?

Can anyone recommend a good car mechanic that deals with air conditioning in Santiago?

Thanks.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vmhatup View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good car mechanic that deals with air conditioning in Santiago?

Thanks.
    Los Mellos, are located in an alley (sounds clandestine) near the beginning of Padre las Casas off Estrella Sadhala. AC is their specialty and they have been good to me and many others I know. If you go to them tell them Wilson, el Americano con el Hilux Azul, sent you.

Post Thanks / Like

Good call. Well known.
    Another option is over across the avenue from the Hospital. A tiny side street that runs from the little park to the street that crosses to the high school. I can show you on a map...You go to the right at the Vet's office, stay to the right and take the first right. Easy once you are located properly.

Mellos are fine, too. Either one.

And I just recalled one trained in the US. On Sabana Larga, before you reach the Liceo, on the North side of 27 de Febrero. Right side after the Optician Place...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    Los Mellos, are located in an alley (sounds clandestine) near the beginning of Padre las Casas off Estrella Sadhala. AC is their specialty and they have been good to me and many others I know. If you go to them tell them Wilson, el Americano con el Hilux Azul, sent you.
    What a coincidence! There is an auto A/C outfit in Cabarete called Mello too. (Mello incidentally means twin in Spanish) The twin brothers in Cabarete are excellent. They can rebuild an A/C compressor with their eyes closed. They operate out of a 40ft container near the Esso station.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    They did great work on a land cruiser for me.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    What a coincidence! There is an auto A/C outfit in Cabarete called Mello too. (Mello incidentally means twin in Spanish) The twin brothers in Cabarete are excellent. They can rebuild an A/C compressor with their eyes closed. They operate out of a 40ft container near the Esso station.

The misinformation in this one is astounding..

7. Dislikes Olly disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    What do you mean? Is this place not to be recommended?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have the number for Los Mellos in Santiago. A friend is in Santiago now and needs his A/C repaired...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Please explain what you mean.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vmhatup View Post
    Here's one more curbside guy. Drive from Bartelmé Colón to 27 Febrero ton German Soriano.
    At the end of Soriano, turn left onto Emilio Ginebra, then right onto a short street with no name.
    Curbside guy on the left in the middle of the block is quick and sure. Operates out of his house.

In decades trying I haven't found a reliable storefront A/C outfit, but lots of good shade tree men.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast