laptop and PC with me on vacation

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Hi, I go on vacation next month for 6 weeks to a friend of mine in Miami.
Of course I'll bring my laptop but I also want to bring my (all in one) HP Touchsmart with me.

The laptop will be in my laptop-case and the PC in my suitcase.

Is this possible? What is the owrst that can happen when I am at Miami International?

PS I am dutch and have a VISA for 3 months.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
The worst that can happen is that some of the baggage handlers will steal your suitcase or it can be crushed by other suitcases.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The worst that can happen is that some of the baggage handlers will steal your suitcase or it can be crushed by other suitcases.

Yes, that's the worst that can happen. But other bad things can happen too. For example, they might think you're trying to smuggle the computer (not the laptop) into the country and require proof that it is your own computer, and so on. It can be done, people even bring LCD TVs in their luggage, but you need a little luck to pull it off...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I always carry a notebook and a tablet in my carry on luggage and never had a problem.

Right, but both are considered portable devices. Maybe OP can convince custom officers that the touchsmart is an oversized tablet :D

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Peter,

Miami is niet echt een veilige luchthaven vwb bagage security. Welke luchthaven vlieg je op? Orlando is wat dat betreft beter.

Als hij niet te zwaar is zou ik hem in de handbagage meenemen.

Veel succes!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
IF YOU PUT it checked luggage , you own your result . That is a very poor descision !!!!!!!!!!