The Arrival of the US Marshalls

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It is interesting to ponder how the two approach discussions on money laundering, I imagine it would be quite an awkward meeting with little accomplished:ermm:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
it is really impressive to see the US team to come out a bit from undercover. The Embassy has a HUGE footprint here but they are all trying to masquerade as whatever! I met up with a team of all white young ATF agents at the Hotel Montana once who had a terrible cover story and were terrified. But we are a long way from Libya here and I think that most of the folks on the ground here would be pleased to see a lot more stars and stripes and a lot fewer matched diamond earrings and drop down pants.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
There are alot of NYPD/DEA in Santo Domingo right now. I wonder if the Marshalls are there for that operation?

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I wonder where they stayed and what sort of extra-curricular activities they were able to participate in? (and who picked up the tab)

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Dunno about now, but back when the DEA was formed they issued a lot of "adjunct" cards to barfly vagos, even gave them guns and paid them beer money for information and for participating in raids with them to increase their numbers without busting their headcount budget. Sort of like Haiti's early "attach?es".

That was on the seamy waterfronts in the States. Can it happen here? You bet your booty.
Can it happen with other U.S. agencies in these days of unconstitutionalism and deinstitutionalsim?
Whatcha think?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I wonder where they stayed and what sort of extra-curricular activities they were able to participate in? (and who picked up the tab)

It's OK. I (and other US Taxpayers) paid for it. Probably just another waste of money in the failed war on drugs.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
It would be funny if the so called war didn't waste so much money and cause so much damage in the way it is "fought".

This is just a matter of finding a good route for the traffic of the herbs that are trying to find their way around the world. Coca, opium, and marijuana are plants. They are medicinal. There is no phamaceutical substance that can replicate their effects. If governments were allowed to import, for the use of their own pharmaceutical companies, or their own distribution and planting, the herbs themselves in herb form, then there would be a de linking of the medicines from the trafficing.

In the UN book on World peace which came out in the late 80 there was an error.. about making the "drugs" illegal. This is a trade war now..between the patented medicines and the pharmeceutical replicas.

The money from the sale of these substances has fueled the gun trade, the small arms trade, the child trafficing trade..
prostitution..

it was estimated over 15 years ago that the annual income of the SA cocaine cartel exceeded the US military budget. There must be found a way for this money to enter the bank legally and without so distrupting the lives of the children

figure it out

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It would be funny if the so called war didn't waste so much money and cause so much damage in the way it is "fought".

True. But it's still funny to me because wars cannot be fought away from the battle field. If you cannot control what happens in your own living room, why do you think you will be able to do it at your neighbor's? Yet, it's always done time after time.