US Tourist Visa for a Dominican citizen?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Unless the Dominican in question has a great job, healthy bank account, owns property, etc., etc., it's doubtful the US will offer them a tourist visa. Not an easy task.

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
Unless the Dominican in question has a great job, healthy bank account, owns property, etc., etc., it's doubtful the US will offer them a tourist visa. Not an easy task.

They own their own home. Have a job in a store and have a healthy bank account with about 500 dollars in it and can get their brother to buy them plane tickets. Does that sound good?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Sadly, I hear that visas for minors are pretty much closed to the US. As are the Finace visas. The Dominicans topped the visa lists for years and there is a healthy and very well educated Dominican population which is now expected to come home rather than ride the welfare train up to Albany.

The abuses which the Dominican community have perpetrated against the citizens of New York have been well noted.

Did you think that we would not notice?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
True it is hard to get a visa much less a visa for a minor. However it never ceases to amaze me how those you think will definitely get a visa due to their qualifications and dont get one and then those you would never think in a million years could get a visa and they do get one. I do know this much from my experience it can be a difficult and time consuming process and in the end be a disappointing and costly one. A lesson learned.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Sadly, I hear that visas for minors are pretty much closed to the US. As are the Finace visas. The Dominicans topped the visa lists for years and there is a healthy and very well educated Dominican population which is now expected to come home rather than ride the welfare train up to Albany.

The abuses which the Dominican community have perpetrated against the citizens of New York have been well noted.

When did this happen? I know a minor who got a visa not even a month ago.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Related question here. I have been asked if a minor could likely get a USA visa if Mama is staying here and has a solid job. It is the mama's cousin who lives in PA inviting the 15 year old girl for a visit. They both think it is going to be no problem to get a visa for the kid.. I have assured them that I don't think so. I have been asked to write and have written a dozen letter of invitation over the years, and do not believe that any of them has ever worked since I'm not a senator or even a city council creature.
But I'll write another if and whenever asked.
Der Fish

I got my first visa while I was still a minor. That was long ago but I still see that If the minor is a student, his/her parents have a job and a good traveling record, it is possible for the minor to get a visa too.

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010

I get the abuse part. But I haven't heard any news of this from any official site. Visas are still be given, maybe not as quickly though. The overall process worldwide is clogged. Plenty of Dominicans are applying and being approved. Im a member of visajourney and most of our members are successful if they have clean histories and educate themselves in process.