Top 3 or 4 places to eat in las terranes that won't make u feel like your a tourist ?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Anyone In LT recommend decent or indecent places to eat like a local ,NOT A TOURIST ! Please

donP

Dec 14, 2008
LT Greasy Spoons

Anyone In LT recommend decent or indecent places to eat like a local ,NOT A TOURIST ! Please

There are some kiosk like eateries along the main street.
Some pharmacies are open 24/7....

donP

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
For me the best place for breakfast is Pan de Antes in the Kanesh Centre Calle Carmen. The coffee is excellent so are the pastries. I can?t remember seeing any tourists there, regularly ex-pats and Dominicans. I know that certain other dr1?rs go there regularly!!!!!!

Go slow

Sep 15, 2012
Lunch - La Serviette 'plate of the day' 200p - good food, good people.
Either German restaurant - don't know names - opposite each other on road to Coson, just past turn off for Bonita
Good luck,
Go Slow

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Las terrenas. Las terrenas las terrenas ... Las terrenas ... Las terrenas ....las terrenas ..... Las terrenas .... Las terrenas .... Las terrenas ....

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
What?s the matter with you people? With all your repetition of Las Terrenas or LT. What do you achieve? Some people want to know more qbout this town. Why do try and mock them?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
sorry Granca , the heat must be getting to Me I must say LT DOES NOT. Have much of a following , if your bit plus one other is the best , then this place seems more like LOST TERRENAS .

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Sorry, arrugala, I can recommend a another couple of places but I have no way to know if you would feel like a tourist there. In the first recommendation we were the only guests there , so we just felt like us-Troica in Calle Carmen . in the other I don?t know I didn?t ask and nobody said- Tres Caraveles nearly on the beach, we went for Sushi which we had pre-ordered the day before.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
Navia's German Restaurant has excellent food and the prices are fair. As someone said previously it is on the road to Coson, probably about 1/2 mile on the left past the turn off for Playa Bonita. Another place that is always good is Luis's restaurant on Playa Coson. Take the highway out of town to Playa Coson. Make a right turn to Playa Coson and follow the dirt road, cross the small cement bridge and then in a very short distance you will see a small small for Luis's on your right. Follow the drive way up to the beach. I don't think you can get lobster this time of year but everything else on the menu is available, chicken, shrimp, dorado, octopus, meal comes with salad, rice and french fries. It is a great beach for swimming and walking. This place is very informal and people hang out eating, drinking and sunning the better part of the day. Another place that is always good is La Yuca Caliente. It is located on the beach across from Peso Plaza. Really good, authentic Italian food. Bon appetite.

LTSteve

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Luis is a great place to eat and hang out. Luis is very nice, quite funny and it s an all Dominican business for one (everyone working is somehow related to him). Highly recommend it !