Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best hair cut in Sosua / Cabarete?

I was wondering if there is any new information on the hair styling scene for the North Coast. Last year I found Daniela at Las Canas in Sosua. I had ok hair cuts before in the DR, but she was very good. Not only could I get a great haircut but I could make an appointment. Unfortunately she left for Germany last spring.

Any suggestions about where I could get a great hair cut - someone that takes appointments (not walk-ins)?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Appointments rare in this country because Dominicans are not very good about being somewhere at the designated time

3. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There is one in Cabarete, Ocean Dream Plaza I think, next to Gorditos, that makes appointments, and is considered to be quite good.

BelgianK

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Andreas in Sosua is good. You MUST have an appointment with him. He isn't cheap...more like US pricing. I also heard of a place in Cabarete that gives great haircuts....on the main road. It is run by Eastern Europeans. I am told they don't offer good customer service/communication skills, but they do a super job cutting hair at a decent price. Don't remember the name, but I will ask friends this afternoon.

Lindsey

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Since years I am very satisfied with the work of Ana - Salon Ana , oppsite bakery Dick in Cabarete.

You can come in without appointment - in case she is free, o.k.
    And sometimes I did an appointment.

Moderate price

7. Likes arrugala, Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input.

I did go to Ana in Cabarete before finding Daniela, but unless you were having more than just a hair cut, she would not make an appointment and often she was busy when you got there - but Ana is very nice and the walk in thing works for her. Her clients were mainly expats and she is Eastern European so that could be the place Lindsey has heard about.
    Last edited by retiree; 09-15-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne from the Munich area bought the business from Daniela at Las Canas and takes and honors appointments. Dhe is just as professional as Daniela. 829-632-9706 is the new phone number.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Abuela View Post
    Suzanne from the Munich area bought the business from Daniela at Las Canas and takes and honors appointments. Dhe is just as professional as Daniela. 829-632-9706 is the new phone number.
    Where is Las Canas?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Las Canas is up the La Mulata Road just outside Sosua on the road to Cabarete. It is a condo/apartment complex.

I will try Suzanne when I return in November. Thanks. And now I have some other options thanks to those who posted a reply.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    How about Men's haircuts? Is ther eany place in the country where a woman cut's men's hair? Never been any place in all the americas where I couldn't find a woman to cut my hair except the DR.
    Der Fish
    Any woman in any salon in the DR will cut men's hair...Including Ana in Cabarete...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast