new and looking for info on youth baseball

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
I am coming to Puerto Plata on Oct 3rd for a 4th visit. I enjoy watching youth baseball as my son also plays. (he is 10) Is there any organized baseball this time of year and if so where?
This is a great forum for information.
p.s. coming from Toronto..

thanks,

kinggold

Nov 23, 2011
There are some terrific youth baseball academies in the Boca Chica area that are organized by some of the major league teams. I know that the Mets and Cubs have baseball programs in that area. The game that I saw were mainly 15 and 16 y/o kids, but I think that they start younger.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I am coming to Puerto Plata on Oct 3rd for a 4th visit. I enjoy watching youth baseball as my son also plays. (he is 10) Is there any organized baseball this time of year and if so where?
This is a great forum for information.
p.s. coming from Toronto..

thanks,

Youth baseball is big time in the DR. Lots and lots of kids dreaming of making it in the major leagues. Every community with enough boys to form a team has at least one team. They were playing this summer and I expect they will be playing this winter since this is when the professional Dominican teams play. Whether they will be playing at the time of your visit, I don't know. Hopefully somebody will have that information. But if there are games, they will be playing in :puerto Plata. One of the fields there is across the street from Centro Medico Bournigal

There are teams the age of your son.

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
I hope someone will have information on a ball game or games in Puerto Plata. Definately would be a highlight of my visit.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I spoke with someone knowledgeable about baseball in Sosua. He said the young teams are playing now on Saturdays. So I'm sure they must also be playing in Puerto Plata.