Presidente Re-Offering 7 oz Bottles Temporarily

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]The Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND) has re-launched on the Dominican market the 7oz format Presidente bottle. It is a limited edition and an extension for the President Light line. It is already on sale in 'colmados' and supermarkets, priced at 25 pesos at bottle. 10 years ago the CND already launched this small bottle as an alternative for the malternatives (Limbo, Kulov Ice and Smirnoff Ice) invading the market that time.
It seems that the CND launches this small and cheap bottle, because they feel somewhat vulnerable to substitutes on the market or when the economic situation is affecting them, which seems to be the case.[/h]
[h=5][/h]

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Good move. The first time I came here and asked for a beer, the guy at the colmado asked "una peque?a?" and I, thinking I was an expert beer drinker, frowned and said "Noooo, una grande". Needless to say, I didn't even drink half of it before it got warm and undrinkable. I think the small one is too big to be called "peque?a". A smaller size is needed for some situations.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Good move. The first time I came here and asked for a beer, the guy at the colmado asked "una peque?a?" and I, thinking I was an expert beer drinker, frowned and said "Noooo, una grande". Needless to say, I didn't even drink half of it before it got warm and undrinkable. I think the small one is too big to be called "". A smaller size is needed for some situations.

A peque?a is a standard 12 oz beer, how is that "too big"?
Una Grande is meant to be shared.
Are you female?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
A peque?a is a standard 12 oz beer, how is that "too big"?
Una Grande is meant to be shared.
Are you female?

If you read my post, I said the first time I came here I asked for a "Grande" expecting it to be the size of a "peque?a". I never said the peque?a was too big for me, just said was too big to be called "peque?a". In many countries, a "small" bottle of beer is not 12 oz. But I guess you're just too much of a man to research that. And yes, I meant a smaller one was needed because some ladies don't drink 12 oz beer before it gets warm.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you read my post, I said the first time I came here I asked for a "Grande" expecting it to be the size of a "peque?a". I never said the peque?a was too big for me, just said was too big to be called "peque?a". In many countries, a "small" bottle of beer is not 12 oz. But I guess you're just too much of a man to research that. And yes, I meant a smaller one was needed because some ladies don't drink 12 oz beer before it gets warm.

A standard bottle of beer in most countries is 355ml, this is a known fact.
I will bring this up at the next AB InBev board meeting, perhaps they will come out with a 4oz bottle to suit your imbibing requirements.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Some people just can't read, or tolerate different opinions. You don't have to bring it up anywhere, pal. Someone smarter than you (and someone whose opinion is really valued) already did, and if you read the news article, they're producing a 7oz bootle. And if it sticks, guess what, they're going to keep producing it. But not because of my imbibing requirements, I don't consider myself as important as you consider yourself.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was at a large family gathering in Juncalito yesterday and saw those 7ozers. First time. I didn't even know they existed.

Apr 13, 2011
I am not sure about the new tiny bottle. I guess it is ok.
Most of the time we get a Grande and some plastic cups - so the portions are fine for everyone.
But I have noticed that at different places - sometimes the Grande is used a bit interchangeably. If they only have two, a small and a large, then it is "pequena and grande" even if the grande is really a jumbo. But when offer more than just the two sizes, then you have to be specific about which of the bigger size bottles that you want :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
tambo, don't be mean :) back where i come from all beer comes in full size (0.5 liter) and half (0.3 liter). dominican grande is 650ml so more than standard european beer.

my last trip home i went for daily walks with my dad. we always stopped in local bars for refreshments ;) we always ordered small beer for me and normal (large) for my dad. in DR he would have asked for a grande too. the only difference is that he could down that within minutes :) :) :)

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Great deal, buy 2 for the same price as a Peque?a, and get 2 more onces;)

By the way, is it Peque?a, or Peque?o?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
omg... it's a sip... a f'ing sip... :rolleyes:

I say this because I can outdrink any man... anytime... anywhere...