Please help!!!!

slb1

Jul 1, 2012
Hi,

I have been offered a job in the Dominican Republic. I need the Temporary Residency Visa and am having issues with one thing. I need to have my work contract legalized by the Department of Labor. It was sent in in JUNE by my employer and still nothing. Should I consider hiring a lawyer to move the process along? Is this a normal amount of time to go by without any progress in the DR government? Can anyone suggest a lawyer that might be helpful to me? I am Canadian and dont want to be taken advantage of $$ wise.

Thanks

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I think your employer should help you with this, it is his responsibility and he wants you to come here and work.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
I think your employer should help you with this, it is his responsibility and he wants you to come here and work.

I have been threw this process aswell. You write that your Employer did the apply so they need to check the progress. Your employer needs to contact them to confirm the progress. Why do YOU have to hire a lawyer for this, it is basically your companies problem right.

But keep in mind that in DR some things just take longer than in Europe or US/Canada i guess. My progress to the right paper took a long time aswell in comparison to the time it takes over here in Europe

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
This is a New govt which just took office which means new employees knowing squat at the moment while new training is ongoing .that the logical thought . but you are here and any reason could apply too .Sorry ,on
N the other hand I Renee my passport here in Canadian embassy faster than Canada . I want to become a citizen which means you have to have aguarentor who will take care of finances if you get in trouble , so the solution to this seems getting married ??.. Hmhmhm ...in your case your employer may need to provide some propina to quicken the Dominican pacemakers

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
Hi, i don't know for who you will work for but, in 2004, i did
a job interview for CLUB MED in Punta Cana, they did everything
for me, never heard of anything regards the process they went
thru with. Also, within 1-2 months i was there working.

Just call that employer to find out.
Good luck

BenDe