Love all those romantico songs from spanish singers help me to aquire!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Hi I have always really enjoyed those great romantic Spanish songs and it takes my mind into worlds where heat is Not from the sun.! Lol could anyone suggest a way to get these with out months of searching and tons of purchases . I guess I am looking for a music geak or similar thank you Also helps my Spanish language attrition .

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Oh god I am sorry , Julio Eglesio. But so many of the the Spanish ,Dominican romantic singers , I just am not too familiar with the artists ,just their music

May 12, 2005
You can listen to Primor FM, a radio station from Santiago that plays romanticas. The web site is www. Primorfm.com

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Needed to be moved. I moved to Videos since OP does not have 500 posts or above. :)

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I'm not about to recommend Chip's favorite, Fefita la Grande, but I'd say that Jos? Luis Perales is worth a listen, as well as all-time fave Leonardo Favio. And for some heartfelt lyrics and a change of pace, there's the incomparable Ricardo Arjona.

Dec 26, 2011
I'm not about to recommend Chip's favorite, Fefita la Grande, but I'd say that Jos? Luis Perales is worth a listen, as well as all-time fave Leonardo Favio. And for some heartfelt lyrics and a change of pace, there's the incomparable Ricardo Arjona.

All great picks, Lucifer.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
No offense to anyone, I realize many people like the Bachata and Meringue. Personally I hate that music, I grew up on rock and Roll and some folk.. So I always get a kick out of being on the Beach with some classic rock blasting or some other classic rock song these folks have never heard... when I have a good glow on after 3 or 4 presidentes and I am at the BEACH I love cranking the Peter frampton "Do you feel like we do ohh that's true". when the solo comes up you can count on me to do a kick ass air guitar ya that's just me... its kind of like turn down that loud Dominican crap and listen to some real tunes...

RobGar

Oct 19, 2011
Hi I have always really enjoyed those great romantic Spanish songs and it takes my mind into worlds where heat is Not from the sun.! Lol could anyone suggest a way to get these with out months of searching and tons of purchases . I guess I am looking for a music geak or similar thank you Also helps my Spanish language attrition .

I've been a Spanish Ballads enthusiast my entire life; here goes the list.

Jose Luis Perales, Joan Manuel Serrat, Roberto Carlos, Camilo Sesto, Raphael, Juan Gabriel, Julio Iglesias, Jose Jose, Sandro, Leonardo Favio, Leo Dan, Danny Daniel, Rocio Durcal and Jurado, Los Angeles Negros, Los Terricolas, Rodolfo, Lucho Gatica (older), Armando Manzanero, Jose Luis Rodriguez, Salvatore Adamo (en espanol), Marco Antonio Solis, Luis Miguel (Romances), Ricardo Arjona, Cristian Castro, Charles Aznavour (French, but he sings in spanish also), Emmanuel (those written by Manuel Alejandro), Ricardo Montaner (first 3-4 cd's), Angela Carrasco (those written by Camilo Sesto), Danny Rivera, Nicola di Bari (Italian, but sings in spanish), Nelson Ned, Lolita Flores, Palito Ortega, Nino Bravo, Los Panchos (older), Carlos Gardel (Tango, but you can't not love his music), Basilio, Emilio Jose, Ana Gabriel, Manolo Galvan, Franco de Vita, Rudy la Scala, Yolandita Monge, Sonia Silvestre, Mari Trini, Pimpinela, Isabel Pantoja,

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I've been a Spanish Ballads enthusiast my entire life; here goes the list.

Jose Luis Perales, Joan Manuel Serrat, Roberto Carlos, Camilo Sesto, Raphael, Juan Gabriel, Julio Iglesias, Jose Jose, Sandro, Leonardo Favio, Leo Dan, Danny Daniel, Rocio Durcal and Jurado, Los Angeles Negros, Los Terricolas, Rodolfo, Lucho Gatica (older), Armando Manzanero, Jose Luis Rodriguez, Salvatore Adamo (en espanol), Marco Antonio Solis, Luis Miguel (Romances), Ricardo Arjona, Cristian Castro, Charles Aznavour (French, but he sings in spanish also), Emmanuel (those written by Manuel Alejandro), Ricardo Montaner (first 3-4 cd's), Angela Carrasco (those written by Camilo Sesto), Danny Rivera, Nicola di Bari (Italian, but sings in spanish), Nelson Ned, Lolita Flores, Palito Ortega, Nino Bravo, Los Panchos (older), Carlos Gardel (Tango, but you can't not love his music), Basilio, Emilio Jose, Ana Gabriel, Manolo Galvan, Franco de Vita, Rudy la Scala, Yolandita Monge, Sonia Silvestre, Mari Trini, Pimpinela, Isabel Pantoja,

Very nice list. Kudos to you. I truly enjoy the artists you named. I will name a few more you missed ( you did not miss most though :) )

Junior (try Perdoname ) had a few.
Tito Rodriguez
Pellin Rodriguez has a few ballads (Oyeme Locutor), as well as, being the first maine voice for the Gran Combo
Miguel Gallardo
Marco Antonio Muniz
Miriam Hernandez
Pimpenela
Raul Di blasio (piano songs, nice!!!)
Jeanette
Napoleon
Lani Hall
Los Enanitos Verde
Lupita D'Alessio
Hilda Murillo
Jose Luis Rodriguez
El Trio de Conde
Sophy
Vicki Carr
Lissette

:)

Dec 26, 2011
You relisted Pimpinela, BB. You must really like them. :) Got to see them several years ago in Miami Beach. I've always been a little weirded out by siblings singing love songs to one another, but it was a good show.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Marco Antonio Mu?iz
Nini Caffaro
Rafael Colon, el espiga de ?bano..

Lots of great ones from the 'old" days..

HB

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Marco Antonio Muniz is my favorite, he used to come to Puerto Rico in December and visit R.D. often and put a hell of a show ...he was honored in New York not long ago. He stay home in Mexico now days..born in 1933 he is kind of elderly now.

May 12, 2005
Here in NY on Sundays on 93.1 FM from 10-2 there is a show called Senor Bolero and he plays classic boleros. Many from the 60s and 70s. I could listen to that music all day, everyday.