Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ewwww! or the story of dominican innocence

so, miesposo likes those cookies, milano, by pepperidge farm. we occasionally buy the stuff in pricesmart. yummy. out of curiosity i checked their website to see what else they have and i marveled at their frozen baked good section.

imagine my surprise when i saw some of the said cakes in la sirena today at a modest price of 199 pesos. without any ado i got a frozen chocolate cake and i proceeded to checkout. cashier looked at the box, looked at me, at the box again and asked: what is it? what do you do with it?
    i said: nothing, it's ready to eat, just frozen, so you have to let it stand outside for a moment.
    she was truly amazed.

i like it. in DR things are made from scratch. very few people buy frozen meals, ready to eat plates and other stuff so popular in USA/europe. i was just like this when i arrived in london.

now i feel ashamed. i should make my own cakes, damn!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah! Well i make cakes occasionally, cheesecake, poundcake and brownies, space cakes too lol The last cake i made was Black Tie Cake, 4 layer soufflé cake super yummy but very time consuming. Miesposo has a sweet-tooth, i make icecream for him as well

3. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaRabbit View Post
    Oh yeah! Well i make cakes occasionally, cheesecake, poundcake and brownies, space cakes too lol The last cake i made was Black Tie Cake, 4 layer soufflé cake super yummy but very time consuming. Miesposo has a sweet-tooth, i make icecream for him as well
    Time to make him un flan de queso.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Two wives, one tuesposo. Is it true that Mormons wear special undergarments?

6. Likes pollogringo, Africaida, waytogo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    Time to make him un flan de queso.
    Good idea! He was asking for flan... I even made one but it wasnt with queso, and though it tasted good it wasnt the flan he expected I already found the recipe for flan de queso and im going to make it tomorrow!

8. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea! He was asking for flan... I even made one but it wasnt with queso, and though it tasted good it wasnt the flan he expected I already found the recipe for flan de queso and im going to make it tomorrow!
    It's right in between the consistency of a flan and a cheesecake. Then you caramelize the bottom, which becomes the top. One thing I miss about my ex. Good luck!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

listen let's agree here only i have miesposo here, ok? you may have at the very best just esposo

and miesposo makes flan de leche and fland de coco himself. great stuff. but i alas am a total loser when it comes to baking. my cookies could serve as offensive weapons.

11. Likes Aguaita29 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

your ex had a caramelised bottom ?

13. Likes pollogringo, BenDe, waytogo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yummy !

15. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

To the OP I think its awesome that women in the DR dont know about Pepperidge farm cardboard tasting deserts.
    Personally I would be embarassed to put something like that on my table for guests.

Jessica your husband is lucky. I would say I would like a wife who bakes like you but then I would be four hundred pounds.

17. Likes waytogo liked this post
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast