Any events going on Aug. 11-18 ?

A

Angel

I will be in the DR Aug. 11-18. Are there any special events going on during this week. Please let me know. Thanks

A

ANGELA CASTRO

whatever you find out please let me know, since I will be there from aug.18-spt.3

D

DR1

Check out our Calendar Page. Noteworthy is the presentation of Verdi's Rigoletto at the National Theater. Note this is a long weekend, with Monday being a holiday.

A

ANGELA CASTRO

thank you so much!! I would love to go on the 19th. do you know how can I get tickets from here. I arrive to Sto. Dgo. on the sat. 18th and I dont want the show to be sold out for the 19th.

L

Lindie Hills

Hello,

I too will be in DR the same time. (puerta plata) we are staying at the Occidental Flamenco, I don't know of any events going on by I did post a question on this message board and it was that, Aug 16 is Restoration Day. I have no idea what this is and I am curious if it will effect our vacations?

P

Pib

16th August

It's Restoration of Independence day. It conmemorates the victory over the Spaniards after they country had being fred from the Haitians a few years before.