twa and AA

R

rubio

FYI as of september 4th twa will not be flying to the DR, all flights will be taken over by American

C

ChicacagoChris

Thus increasing their strangle hold and their prices.

C

catherine

so what happens for people that buy a ticket now for example with twa and want to come back some time after september what happens then?

C

ChicacagoChris

AA bought TWA either on the brink of bankruptcy or in the bankruptcy courts up here. Notwithstanding the fact that I've practiced law up here in the Chicago area for about 20 years, the only thing I know about bankruptcy is that my ex-wife keeps me on the brink of it. I'd go to americanairlines.com to see if they have any information. If they don't there certainly is somebody in customer service at AA that would have an answer.

K

Kevin

armrican has been the only one running flights for a while now
they bought twa a while ago

B

Bob Saunders

My wife flew down this month with Continental from Vancouver then Newark to Santo Domingo. $1200 Canadian return.

C

ChicacagoChris

Re: I saw TWA land in POP 2 days ago

OK: Here's the story. TWA is now being operated by TWA Airlines, LLC which is a wholly owned subsidiary of AA. At this point in time, although owned by AA, TWA Airlines, LLC is operating independently from AA. There will however, be a transition period wherein TWA Airlines, LLC will "merge" into AA.
What all of that appears to mean is yes, an airplane bearing the TWA logo probably did land at POP the other day but it wasn't TWA that was operating that airplane. Finally though, my interpretation is that at the end of the transitionary period, we won't be seeing the TWA logo or TWA employees anymore. Everything will be AA including booking of reservations.

Sitting here in my law office that's enough legal crap for the day. There's not a cloud in the sky and its 84 degrees. I'm heading out on Lake Michigan on my boat. Any chicas wanna come with?