Medicare

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
There is an office on El Conde
For an medical healthcare service called Dominican healthcare.
They proport to be affiliatef with a company called Florida Plus
Healthcare.they ssy starting in jan 2013,
They will have a number of heslthcare providets and hospitals that will
Accept med part A and .B.There is no upfront cost,you just change your payment to medicare part B to their healthcare company.They have a form there from medicare to do this.
All meds are no cost to member and they have transport to and from hospital or Dr.again billed to medicare.
I went on line and checked out both companies and they seem up and up.They evidently have a large

Dominican membership as the florida plus is located in Coral gabels. Medicare still says no overseas payments
So i am confused a bit,but Dominican Healthcare says it all changes in January.
I have nothing to loose as I live here permanently and pay for part B
For nothing anyways .
Any other people been there?
The office is on El Conde in the s mall where Petrus restaurant is snd office to pay water bill ,upstairs in office 6B if I remember correctly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As far as I know nothing is changed about the "no benefits out of the US rules" for Medicare except under very specific circumstances. Being in the DR would certainly not apply to those special circumstances.

If this works I am guessing they are telling the US Government that the people they treat are actually in Florida and that would be fraud.

Only if the US laws change come January would this be valid.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
You say they change your Medicare B premium to this healthplan? Chances are this is a "Medicare Advantage" plan. A Medicare Advantage Plan is paid a flat rate be Medicare to provide all services to you. Chances are this scam will collect the cash and you will have a difficult time to receive any services, especially when you are out of the United States where no Medicare services are to be provided anyway.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Agreed this sounds like a HMO Medicare replacement plan and I would be very leery to believe they would pay anything out of country. Heck you have a hard time getting a HMO Medicare replacement plan to pay outside of the state you live in. All Medicare HMO plans abide by the same rules and regulations as Medicare. The way Medicare and HMO's pay for instance a inpatient hospital stay is different than say a commercial insurance such as Blue Cross, etc.. Also all Medicare HMO's and Medicare have costs attached to them such as copays, deductibles..etc...I was in medical billing for quite awhile and family still runs the medical billing company back in the US and I have not heard of anything like this. I know the open enrollment period for Medicare is coming up and you will be able to change to a HMO replacement or back to Medicare during this period but I have not heard anything about the laws changing. The only thing that ever changes with Medicare is the cost associated with it and what it will and will not cover. Agreed that you need to watch out for a possible scam.