Ckanges In 200 Peso Bill

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Because the current banknote of 200 Peso looks a lot like the 50 Pesos note, the Central Bank has decided to adjust the 200 Peso banknote. Especially when the light is low people can easily be mistaken in the note. The new note will have a different color (more green) making it more clearly distinguishable from the 50 Peso note. The current 200 Peso note remains valid, they will however be taken in by the bank when they are returned. The new 200 Peso banknote will be brought into circulation from 1 October.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i swear, no fantasy whatsoever. why not make a yellow bill with little pink hearts? distinguishable from anything else.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Surely it would be easier to just do away with the 50pesos note all together. Or maybe they like the monopoly money effect of having a huge wad in your pocket that is a grand total for RD2000.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Surely it would be easier to just do away with the 50 peso note all together. Or maybe they like the monopoly money effect of having a huge wad in your pocket that is a grand total for RD2000.
It is a very useful note. I get through a (nett) 20 every few days. As they have relatively recently introduced a 20 peso note I don't think there is much chance of the 50 peso note disappearing.

As for the 200 looking like the 50, yes, it does. I have twice been given 200s in mistake for 50s and I don't know how often I might have made the same mistake. But you think the dumbasses would have realised that when they were designing the thing. It was my immediate thought as I handled my first one. It is not like they have run out of colors. I used to work in banknote printing and I know there are plenty more economical color options for tropical climates they haven't used yet.

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The $200 peso notes provides me with Mental Exercise.

Immediately upon receiving one of them,
... my mind creates a mental reminder to spend it on my next purchase of anything.

Ken,could you please send me several samples as they become available"\CC

I can get you some $10,000 peso notes I can let you have for half price Criss.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
It shouldn't have the words pesos oro on it as the 'oro' disappeared in 2011 (change to the Constitution) to be replaced by pesos dominicanos. I have 5 100 pesos notes on me, and 4 say pesos dominicanos and one must be prior to 2011 as says pesos oro.

Good job Sosua news aren't in the money printing business!

Matilda

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
what's teh Fuss???
they take back in Bills which finally will be destroyed after they costed a heck of moneys to print them, moneys which the DR Guvernment anyways still owes to the ones who print the notes.

if you are too drunk in a too dark Bar to differ between a 50 and a 200 Bill,
then simply STOP DRINKING for that night or better reconsider what else been 'consumed'.

look on all those colorful stars and stripes Bills in their so different sizes,
if you survived US Nightclubs with a pack of 1's-100's in the pocket, then the DR Papers will not produce any difficulties.

and I find the DR Bills due their same size for all much more comfy in the pocket than the modern Euro Bills in their uncomfy different sizes.

by my opinion the country has other sectors where it is more urgent to spend money on thatn to change da darn colour of a small Bill worth 5 bucks.

Mike