Contaminated Products in Dominican Republic

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is not about the contamination of products as such, this is about the contamination in those specific units selling them.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Well, the article seems to imply the product where contaminated IN the stores, not from origin. If so, it would make no difference if the products are imported or locally produced.

I don't know if anybody agrees, but after living here for so many years, you start to read between the lines and take this kind of news with a grain of salt. I know it happens everywhere, but here it seems to me very clear that news are not to be trusted, but instead we have to think who is behind every news, who takes advantage of it, and who is going to take the damage. In this particular case, no store/supermarket/colmado is identified, which probably says that there's no hidden agenda, but at the same time defeats the purpose of the article. So I don't think this is not ill-intended, but it reminded me of the salami story, or the sugar story, or any of the others that seemed to come and go as fast as its real goals were met.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the fact that no store is identified speaks volumes: small shops and colmados are sources of all disease, come and buy your food in sirena/jumbo/national or any other large store.
contamination in local stores does not surprise me. food storage is poor, no one is checking products, no one keeps inventory, no one cares. not that big supermarkets are better, mind you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
food contamination can happen at any point: production, packaging, transport, distribution, storage, preparation and so on.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I'd expect tthat the selfsame rats who defecated on domsetic products could and would do the same on imports.
Der Fish

Nah!the dominican rats are very particular.They love their rice and beans!:cheeky: