Ford Explorer

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Does anyone know of a garage in Puerto Plata with the proper plug in computerized engine analysis equipment for the above vehicle?

Thank you.

FB.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I was told you have to go to santiago, I looked far and wide in pop and could not find one and I was told by mechanics that you gave to go to santiago, so I went to santiago and still could not find one, good luck.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If you go please post the name. I have a 02 Ford Explorer that goes thru light bulbs. Usually headlights and tail lights but its driving me crazy.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I bought my 2004 Explorer from Collado Motors in Santiago, 809-226-3161. Before I purchased the ABS light was on permanently, so they called out a technician with a mobile analysis unit, however the vehicle had to go to his premises in Santiago, just off the main road to the capital for rectification. I do not know the name of the premises, but I'm sure if you call Collado they will advise you. The second place certainly had all the equipment, it was a huge place.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you go please post the name. I have a 02 Ford Explorer that goes thru light bulbs. Usually headlights and tail lights but its driving me crazy.

If bulbs, particularly headlight bulbs, are touched by your hands the oil from your skin can cause them to burn out quickly. They should never be touched without using gloves or a paper towel.

It is also possible also that your voltage regulator has a problem and the bulbs are getting too high a voltage.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
aha, did not think of the v. regulator. Bet thats it. thanks. Knew about not touching bulbs.